Thread: St John's wort inositol and promethazine

St John's wort inositol and promethazine

Has anyone had experience with these drugs ? Currently suffering from insomnia been on inositol 6 mgs for months not helping much started on st John's wort 450mgs Dr given me Phenergan as a sedativeto use every 3 days but is it safe would appreciate any input

Re: St John's wort inositol and promethazine

Is that meant to say 6 grams of inositol? If not, it's a very small dosage and the dosages found to be useful in clinical studies are far higher.

Hi Terry sorry should be 6 X 1000 mg tablets not slept getting a bit desperate

Hopefully the antihistamine will help you sleep, insomnia can be pretty awful and always made my anxiety worse so I can appreciate how difficult things may feel right now

Did your doctor know about the St. John's Wart? There's a Moderate interaction between that and the antihistamine but reading the wording it is similiar to the ones you get between many SSRI's with Diazepam and using those together is very common. If the doctor wasn't aware you could just run it past a pharmacist if you are concerned.

Is the inositol a powdered tablet or capsule form? I know in capsule form it's more efficiently digested so the comparative dose of the powder form is much less (encapsulation means you can take 30% to get the same effect as 100% of what drinking the powder delivers).

Hi Terry thanks for replying have asked pharmacist about promethazine and at Johns wort didn't think there would be a problem.I think I might just take Inositol and up the dose so I can take the promethazine.Have you had insomnia and how did you deal with it? Your reply is much appreciated it doesn't help knowing that there are lots of people in same boat have you tried melatonin

---------- Post added at 07:24 ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 ----------

Tablets are powder I didn't know you could get capsules buy mine off Amazon

Thread Information