Page 56 of 83 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Re: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Well im 6 weeks and five days into my course of 20mg fluoxetine and i can honestly say im out of the woods now, i have had four consecutive days with no panic and only occasional background anxiety. I dont want to ever go back to feeling like that, if it means meds for the rest of my life thats fine by me.
    The only thing i still struggle with is sleep, but hopefully this will come back in time.
    Wishing happiness to all,
    Otterman.

Hi , all
    This is my first post on this forum.
    I am currently on day 70 of flouxetine 20 mg.
    It , has started working now, I normal feeling for some times in last few days , which has given me hope.
    And this forum , made me stick to my med , otherwise I would have left my med , in the start. Success stories instilled hope in me and now , I think I will be fine.
    I request to those members who posted months back , please update your current situation .I am using this med for anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeitis View Post
    Hi , all
    This is my first post on this forum.
    I am currently on day 70 of flouxetine 20 mg.
    It , has started working now, I normal feeling for some times in last few days , which has given me hope.
    And this forum , made me stick to my med , otherwise I would have left my med , in the start. Success stories instilled hope in me and now , I think I will be fine.
    I request to those members who posted months back , please update your current situation .I am using this med for anxiety.
    Hi, IV not posted for a while now and hope everyone doing ok? IV actually stopped counting my flux days now which I suppose is a good sign? It's been around 6 months now and I can honestly say my anxiety has gone and so has my depression. I remember it was around my 15/16 week I actually felt like smiling again and IV not looked back since. I always made sure I took my flux every evening and never missed. Also stuck with the 20mg although at times in the beginning I was tempted to up my dosage to 40 during the early days. But reading and re-reading the flux timeline for recovery and others success stories and battles during their low days made me feel I wasn't alone, I feel this forum was literally my lifeline during my bad days. So thankyou to all on this thread. Everyone of you I feel has contributed to helping me recover. Im not sure how long I would need to stay on this med but don't feel ready to come off them yet. I still remember how low I felt months ago and really wouldn't want to go back there or wish that on anyone. It really is an awful wicked illness..
    The only downside I still suffer is not sleeping well at night then feeling dog-tired during the day, but even then that's not everyday so can cope with this. All other side effects have completely gone.
    Xx

Hi, lux 71 ,
    Your latest msg have given me a sigh of relief. Hope we all reach that position and level , where you are now.

Hi everyone! I have been on Prozac now for 18 weeks.. and let me tell you, I am a completely reborn person. I canmo imagine being the person I was at the beginning of this journey. I never thought I would get to where I am today where I can go out and socialize, maintain a job and improve my interpersonal relationships. There are still days (around my menstrul cycle where I might up my dose, but I have steady on 20 Mg since the end of April.

If you are reading this to find hope, do not give up. Referring back to the time table is helpful, but also remember that we are all different and our bodies might take longer than others to adjust. I didn’t feel 100% until around week 15. Patience is key when adapting to this medication, and I hope you all can find it within yourselves to push through the hard times... it really makes all the difference. A good attitude and positivity works wonders too! I know most members once they get better abandon the forum, but I want to be a beacon of hope for those that are struggling.

YOU CAN DO THIS!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

thank you cherryolivia for giving us an update on your progress, i am in the middle of week 5 and feeling terrible, but just read your post and it has given me hope that i am going to get through this, it is important that members that have been through this period that i am in tell us what to expect, as is does help us so much,so thank you all for getting us through these stages, i am very grateful to you all

Hi cherryolivia
    Your msg is a great hope for all going through struggling phase. I have just started week 14, on 20 mg , but still have blips and lows which irritate me , and sometimes I start thinking that I need to up my dose.Than comes the normal time and I change my mind. Is it part and parcel of this journey ?

I have suffered from depression and anxiety for over 20 years, I am on week 6 of 20 mg fluoxetine, this will be the fifth time that I have taken the drug over the years, it has always worked for me in the past but I am finding that it is taking longer this time to see improvements, I am still having some dark days, I am praying that it will kick in eventually. Sending positive vibes to everyone in the same boat right now. X

Hi, hoping someone can give me some hope!
    Just hit day 22 and the nausea in the morning is the worst.. still so tired until the afternoon..
    Do I give up just after 3 weeks or continue with this :( feeling quite hopeless.
    Thanks for reading.

Hi Laurenjade08,
    I have been on Fluoxetine 20mg for the past 6 months, i truly thought that nothing good would ever happen to me again, i was in a very dark and lonely place and thought i would never feel normal again.
    Like you i struggled with my meds, thinking they were not working, but i persevered and after about week five i rounded the corner,day by day i felt a little better. I would say it took about 12 weeks altogether to feel what i considered my old self.
    The meds will work, but it takes time. Hang in there and stick with it.
    Wishing you happiness
    Otterman.

Page 56 of 83 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread Information