Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: lump in neck

Re: lump in neck

Hi everyone,

So I managed to talk to my gp on the phone and she told me there was nothing for me to be concerned about. She said that only if it got bigger or painful then I should come back to the doctors. I told her I have HA especially over lymph nodes and she said she has loads she can feel in her neck which made me feel relieved. She told me was leaving the practice which was upsetting becasue I will be having a different doctor and I really liked her she is lovely and really helped me so I’m really sad to see her go. I asked her if it would be ok to come into the doctors in a few weeks time just to have a check up because I think it will help me knowing that I have an appointment scheduled rather than me going in every week worrying about something. I don’t think my HA has disappeared as of yet I need to work on it and I really hope by the end of the year I will have made progress.

Your GP is absolutely right. No need to worry about the nodes. They are normal.
    The point you need to start worrying is when people ask you what's wrong with your neck.
    What I did for my HA was cut my Modem connection for a while. I switched my phone to receive 2G only. This way, I could use WhatsApp while I couldn't use the browser.
    Should you need any help, feel free to message me.
    I know how it feels. I was really tense about my pilot medicals. But now since my nodes are found to be normal, i am carefree.
    Regards

Goodmorning everyone, I’m here once again worried about my neck. I’ve seen two different doctors and both have said they are not concerned but I am still oerrified and I am off tot the doctors again today. I feel so sick and scared I just want to be able to get on with life and to stop worrying :( I wake up every morning in a panic and I can’t stand it anymore.

---------- Post added at 08:24 ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 ----------

At the doctors now in the waiting room, I’m next but I feel like I’m goig to pass out I feel so sick and have knots in my tummy :(

---------- Post added at 08:44 ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 ----------

I went to the doctors about lump in neck. He felt it and said it doesn’t feel concerning. He said feels like a lymph node and that all it’s characteristics feel good that’s it’s coffee bean sized, smooth and moves. He said he would be concerned if it didn’t move was really big or jaggy. He said that it should go and that I can come back in another months time if it is still there to have a scan. This kind of worried me a bit when he said that. He said he didn’t think it was cancerous and that’s not what he is worried about he said it would either be scar tissue or a cyst if anything else. I’ve been reassured but the worry is still going to be there just because I have to now wait and see if it goes or not. If it doesn’t then I will probably panic again :( hopefully it will go soon!

Quote Originally Posted by AnxietyGirl30 View Post
    I went to the doctors about lump in neck. He felt it and said it doesn’t feel concerning. He said feels like a lymph node and that all it’s characteristics feel good that’s it’s coffee bean sized, smooth and moves....

I have to now wait and see if it goes or not. If it doesn’t then I will probably panic again :( hopefully it will go soon!
    It won't go because it's part of your lymph system. It won't go if you keep poking and prodding it as that will cause it to become shotty. It may always remain the same size (which is NORMAL). Just stating facts.

So get used to it and perhaps get real life help to accept those facts.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I am happy with what the doctor said apart from the scan part that’s when I start to think silly things

I am happy with what the doctor said apart from the scan part that’s when I start to think silly things
    It's called CYA medicine.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I’m having a really bad mental health day, constant panic and fear :( my partner is not around and it’s just me at home looking after the children. I don’t like when my partner isn’t here with me I feel very unsafe. I honestly wish the doctor hadn’t mentioned the scan and had just said I’m ok and off you go. But this whole scan suggestion is worrying me immensely :( I feel like I’m never going to get out of this spiral of fear. I feel like I’m not living life I’m just existing, I can’t look forward to anything and it’s so sad and depressing this is not the type of mum I want to be. With all this stuff hovering over me I can’t be the best version of myself and destroying me :(

I honestly want to cut my own hands off! I can't stop touching and feeling my neck! why am i doing this to myself is it some sort of OCD?

I honestly want to cut my own hands off! I can't stop touching and feeling my neck! why am i doing this to myself is it some sort of OCD?
    In speaking to my therapist (and from basic research), the answer is yes.. heath anxiety (and general anxiety disorder in general) can be a form/manifestation of OCD. You may also find you have other OCD aspects in your life (i realized i had a few when first approaching my issues), and this is one way people display it. That's not to say it always is, but they are commonly linked, and worth making a note of for your therapy (you are working with help, right? )

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    In speaking to my therapist (and from basic research), the answer is yes.. heath anxiety (and general anxiety disorder in general) can be a form/manifestation of OCD. You may also find you have other OCD aspects in your life (i realized i had a few when first approaching my issues), and this is one way people display it. That's not to say it always is, but they are commonly linked, and worth making a note of for your therapy (you are working with help, right? )
    My therapy came to an end and I wasn’t offered anything else so I’m on my own dealing with this crap! So fed up of it, it makes me feel so angry!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information