Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: multiple swollen lymph nodes only in left armpit

Re: multiple swollen lymph nodes only in left armpit

checked on the node again, its still the same size/smaller (still can't tell), but i can now feel some smaller lumps around it. i'm going on holiday for two weeks now so can't go to the drs and now i'm worried i've left it too late and it is serious and spreading

Quote Originally Posted by caitlinn View Post
    checked on the node again, its still the same size/smaller (still can't tell), but i can now feel some smaller lumps around it. i'm going on holiday for two weeks now so can't go to the drs and now i'm worried i've left it too late and it is serious and spreading
    I don't know why your nodes are swollen, and I know how hard it is when you have HA and you discover something like this.

I am just telling you, I have had that exact thing in my left armpit for 5 years. I have a slightly enlarged node that I can always feel, and a good chunk of the armpit is perpetually swollen. MIne pooped up in pregnancy, about a year after I had had a surgery in my breast (a lump removed that was benign). THe node felt to me like it was in the path of the internal scar...so....maybe it was related to the surgery, OR maybe it was hormonal (pregnancy). I will never know. It was followed by ultrasound for a couple of years, and it never sounded any alarm bells. My doc finally wanted to get a biopsy, so I did, and it came back benign. That was about 3 years ago, and I have stopped following it for the most part.

I am just sharing so you know you can have these things and have them be benign.

You have not let it go very long at all, so don't think like that. Just get it checked out. Very likely to be one of things, as it was for me!

Quote Originally Posted by NervUs View Post
    I don't know why your nodes are swollen, and I know how hard it is when you have HA and you discover something like this.

I am just telling you, I have had that exact thing in my left armpit for 5 years. I have a slightly enlarged node that I can always feel, and a good chunk of the armpit is perpetually swollen. MIne pooped up in pregnancy, about a year after I had had a surgery in my breast (a lump removed that was benign). THe node felt to me like it was in the path of the internal scar...so....maybe it was related to the surgery, OR maybe it was hormonal (pregnancy). I will never know. It was followed by ultrasound for a couple of years, and it never sounded any alarm bells. My doc finally wanted to get a biopsy, so I did, and it came back benign. That was about 3 years ago, and I have stopped following it for the most part.

I am just sharing so you know you can have these things and have them be benign.

You have not let it go very long at all, so don't think like that. Just get it checked out. Very likely to be one of things, as it was for me!
    thank you so much, if it’s still there when i’m back from my holiday i’ll definitley be making an appointment, i just don’t know what the timeframe for anything serious would be which is why i’m worrying about it being left too late, but it’s definitley not gotten any bigger in the last month which is the only thing giving me a bit of reassurance haha

update: i went to the drs a few weeks ago and he couldn’t feel anything concerning, he said he could feel a few tiny nodes. but i’m concerned as i still feel the lump. when he was feeling for it he had me put my arms in a downward v shape and he felt up into my underarm for it, but i feel it by fully lifting my arm up vertically, so i don’t understand why he didn’t feel it that way. i cant shake the feeling that he’s missed it and it is serious, since that’s about 3 months it’s been there for now. i know i need to trust him as he has spent years studying but i just can’t help worrying that it still could be serious, any insight aplreciated

Quote Originally Posted by caitlinn View Post
    update: i went to the drs a few weeks ago and he couldn’t feel anything concerning, he said he could feel a few tiny nodes. but i’m concerned as i still feel the lump. when he was feeling for it he had me put my arms in a downward v shape and he felt up into my underarm for it, but i feel it by fully lifting my arm up vertically, so i don’t understand why he didn’t feel it that way. i cant shake the feeling that he’s missed it and it is serious, since that’s about 3 months it’s been there for now. i know i need to trust him as he has spent years studying but i just can’t help worrying that it still could be serious, any insight aplreciated
    He didn't miss anything. When I was diagnosed with lymphoma, my lymph node in 3 months went from small like yours to golf ball. As for the doctor feeling for armpit nodes, that is exactly how my Oncologist (cancer doctor) felt mine as well. You don't feel arm pit nodes by lifting your arms. Reason being is because it tenses up all the muscles, tendons and tissues in the arm and distorts what they are feeling for.

Let them do their job and trust them. You are not a doctor. You are someone with health anxiety!

Positive thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by SetYourMindFree View Post
    He didn't miss anything. When I was diagnosed with lymphoma, my lymph node in 3 months went from small like yours to golf ball. As for the doctor feeling for armpit nodes, that is exactly how my Oncologist (cancer doctor) felt mine as well. You don't feel arm pit nodes by lifting your arms. Reason being is because it tenses up all the muscles, tendons and tissues in the arm and distorts what they are feeling for.

Let them do their job and trust them. You are not a doctor. You are someone with health anxiety!

Positive thoughts!
    thank you so much, i’m thinking about it less now but it still pops into my head but i just need to keep telling myself what you told me :-)

SetYourMindFree

But do I believe the majority fear us here and why these ganglia do not disappear? Most internet sites speak in two weeks, because most of us stay for months this believe to be the fear of all of us. And sorry to ask you when the doctor suspected it was something serious in you?

Quote Originally Posted by epistore View Post
    SetYourMindFree

And sorry to ask you when the doctor suspected it was something serious in you?
    He suspected it was something serious when the lymph node became the size of a golf ball.

Lymphoma Survivor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information