Thread: Normal Heart Beat Seems Regular BUT?

Normal Heart Beat Seems Regular BUT?

I have a regular or what seems to be regular heartbeat most of the time unless I have a nervous stomach then I get the missed beats from hell..When I settle down I have a 72 during the day and 65 at night almost as regular as clockwork.We had a friend that is a nurse come over the other night and checked my pulse and said that it was almost perfect.I ask her about the slowness of my pulse sometimes down to 62 at night..and she just laughed and said I would give anything to have a perfect pulse like yours..and in a jokeing way said ..Oh boo hoo ...I feel so sorry for MR 72 pulse..She said at your age do you realize how lucky you are to have such a great pulse rate? I told her that I worried because it was so slow at times and she said there was nothing to worry about ..I ask her wasnt there and illnesss that causes a slow pulse like mine and she said yes.. its called being in perfect health..and loosing 35 pounds of weight..She said there she knew for a fact that there was nothing wrong with me.I was just wondering with a almost perfect pulse what the chances of me having a blood pressure problem or artery problem or something wrong with my heart.It seems to be in a normal beat but im not a doctor so how could i know..I am going by what she says..She said get out and get busy and that the only thing wrong with me was a little depression and that I was too focused on myself..But I still wonder what the odds are of having something major wrong with you if your pulse seems very regular and good? Please someone respond and please dont leave me hanging..

Have you ever had your irregular heartbeats checked? They may be pvc's (premature ventricular contractions) Thats' what I have. Had them for over 16 years. Lot of people have them and they are harmless in an otherwise healthy heart. I have figured out that the biggest trigger for me is indigestion! If I eat a really big, heavy meal I will get them really bad for hours. That may be your problem. I have put up with pvc's for many years. I guess you could call me an expert on those darn, scary beats. lol

Rhonda

Why don't you go to your GP and ask for an ECG. It can be performed at the surgery in most cases, i do them in our surgery all the time. I've had many of them and they are all normal, but my heart does not feel normal to me either. Ang

It takes a minute to get anxiety, but a lifetime to get rid of it!!!

I have asked my gp twice for test and she says there is no reason for test.I told her about the missed beats and she says it anxiety..i also asked an ent about scans and to check my heart.He also declined to let me have test saying that my heart was in great condition .The gp did find a murmur but shut up about it when she found that i freaked out..She said that it was nothing.My nurse friend also insist that the pvc's are normal that everyone gets them and said that she wishes she was healthy as I was..i live in a very small town so you can't just move on to the next doctor...and both I have seen said it was a waste of money for test..She told me when I quit having stress my symptoms would go away..I have had these for years probably all my life and not worried about them.The night that I had them the worse the nurse was here.I guess i felt self concious and thought she was evaluating me..like a doctor..They are good friends and she seems to have a handle on my health..being around us alot and she just says to STOP and ignore them and im in very good health..but well I just worry ..what can you do?

I have had lots and lots of ECG's, i can do them myself which is even worse really cus that is just reaffirming my fears. But every one of them has been alright and the one's i've had at the hospital have been fine too. I know how you feel and understand how upsetting and frightening it is, but if you go through this site we all have virtually the same symptoms and go through them all together on here. This site is fantastic and everyone will give you support when you need it. Even if you did have an ECG and it was perfectly normal, i bet you still wouldn't feel any better, because after all the one's i've had, it didn't make any difference, did not put my mind at ease even though you think it would. We have to battle this the best we can i think. Love Angie. x

It takes a minute to get anxiety, but a lifetime to get rid of it!!!

Thread Information