Thread: Strange chest sensation

Strange chest sensation

I've just started a new job as a Spa Therapist. It's been 3 weeks of constant massage and my body has ached. Normal places likes arms and shoulders.

Thismorning I woke up with a tight chest, and slighly painful. Not mega pain or anything (I also have a cough and sore throat) but what's really freaking me out, is when I swallow food, like a second after I swallow I get a pang of weird feeling in my chest (almost as the food passes it) like a little pang of pain but not mega pain. Just a weird feeling.

It's giving me horrendous anxiety and I'm terrified I'll have it again tomorrow and the next day and the next. I'm only just recovering from my last thing I was worried about and now its something else :(

Plwase help. Anyone had anything similar? My worries are cancer, tumor on chest.
    All the awful worst case scenarios...

Thanks for reading xx

Re: Strange chest sensation

Can anyone help at all? Anyone had anything similar? It's been three days of having this sensation now, and I feel so alone :(

Re: Strange chest sensation

Scroll down to the bottom of the page. There are several threads similar to yours and if your do a search with the keywords, you'll find pages and pages of similar threads. Chest pain is a very common anxiety SYMPTOM and you're using muscles in your new job you haven't used in a while so that certainly could be a contributing factor.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information