Thread: Red spot back of throat

Red spot back of throat

About 6 weeks ago I got sick with a nasty bronchial infection, which started as a mild flu-like illness. The cough and sore throat that came after lasted until early June. Back then I took the flashlight and was checking out my throat and saw a red spot, partially raised with what looked like a blister in the middle. Of course my anxiety was raised, but I blew it off to the infection. Several days later I checked again and it was nearly gone, both blister and redness. FYI, this spot is all the way back, not near tonsils.

A few days ago I go checking my throat and the spot is back, but no blister. Just a somewhat raised reddened spot. Here goes my anxiety again. Not sure if this related to having been sick or something else. I've got some reflux lately, which I get periodically and wondering if this could be causing the issue. I've made an appt with my doc this friday to have her take a look. Of course I always assume the worse.

Sorry, just realized I posted to wrong forum. Mods, please move to throat symptom forum, thanks.
    Last edited by jzinckgra; 03-07-18 at 14:34.

Re: Red spot back of throat

Got a last minute appt with my doc. Turns out the spot is my adenoid that is inflamed either due to virus, stress or allergies. I think it's allergies since my ears have been plugged off/on for awhile now. So my anxiety is squashed for now until the next thing comes along

One thing I'd normally due in this instance is start googling "adenoids and allergies, virus". Nope, not going to do it. There's no point. I trust the dr and am moving on. Anxiety can stick it.

Re: Red spot back of throat

Good for you! That's good news

Thread Information