Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: lump in neck

lump in neck

Hi everyone,

I am so scared at the moment, i cant eat and keep being sick from fear.
    A few days ago i had a pain in my neck on the right side, it felt tight and hurt when i moved it in a certain way, i started to feel my neck and eventually found what i think is a lump. Its about the size of a bean. It does not hurt when i press on it and can't be seen only felt.
    I am so worried it might be something bad :(

Re: lump in neck

There are some completely harmless reasons you may have a lump on your neck. Although to go with those there are a few more serious one... more than likely it is nothing it close to nothing. Could it be a swollen gland?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly do not know what it is feels like its on my neck muscle

I'm going through something similar.

Recently I had a shingles outbreak due to stress. During that week I developed pains on the right side of my neck and swallowing issues.

The pains mostly resolved itself though, I have some odd sensations/aches that stay on the right side, it shifts up or down my throat. I've felt the same muscles as you. Nothing. I feel something move when I drink, though that's my inner throat or something since it doesn't feel like a lump. when I drink hot or cold i feel something, though other times nothing. Same with food, I feel something though like yesterday. Nothing.

I freaked out and went with my primary last Thursday since I thought it was my shingles coming up again or some crazy cancer in my throat since I have an ear ache. She checked my ear, felt around my neck, checked my lymph nodes, nothing. She had to calm me down and while she told me it's your anxiety playing games with you.

I have the fear she's wrong, though if it were something wrong, my ears would hurt that I wouldn't sleep, my lymph nodes would be enlarged, and the pains wouldn't be shifting, they stay stationary.

Even if I don't want to believe my primary, I must since she had me checked for other issues before and everything came up to anxiety. Just go to your primary and have them checked you out.
    Last edited by Many321; 08-07-18 at 09:51.

Hi, yeah i want to go to the doctors but because of my extreme HA im always there for something or other, i was literally there 5 days ago about some other issue. The time before that my doctor point blank refused to examine me because she said it was my HA causing my symptoms and i ended up just feeling worse because of it. I will see how i feel tomorrow and then decide if im going to go doctors or not.

Really not coping well at the moment, this lump in my neck is causing me so much anxiety. I’m waking up in cold sweats oetrified and wanting to vomit �� I’m so scared that I have cancer �� just can’t bare it any longer I need to know what is going on.

Probably a lymph node! I have 4 that I can feel on my neck - they flared up at some points in my life probably during vitals and just never went down completely. It’s totally normal! Don’t worry!

Hopefully this incident of the doc refusing to even see you is a reminder of how bad your anxiety is getting NOT how sick you are getting.

I hope that is all it is but obviously I don’t lnow until a doctor examines me.
    I’ve had a swollen lymph node before and it went away after 6-8 weeks but this one is bigger than the one I had before and that’s why I’m scared. I don’t even know if it is a lymph node :(

---------- Post added at 09:35 ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 ----------

I managed to get an appointment for 2.50 although its with a doctor i don't particularly like :( just hope i get to the bottom of what it is. Just need some reassurance.

well the doctor i disliked phoned me trying to stop me from coming to the surgery to be checked telling me to wait when ive waited two weeks and im in pain! shes so condescending and acts like im lying about my symptoms really makes my blood boil! She said she thinks i should see my regular gp which is fine by me i didnt want to see her anyway.
    I am probably going to be told to return in two weeks most likely but i will feel better knowing its down on the system. I have a constant ache in that area and it feels tight so annoying im not sure if its the lump causing it to hurt.
    Last edited by AnxietyGirl30; 09-07-18 at 11:34.

Hi all,

I went to my appointment and told my doctor about my neck she first asked me if I thought this was anxiety which I said no!
    She made me do some different movements with my head to see how it affected my neck. Then she checked my glands I didn’t even mention that I thought I had swollen lymph node I just said I thought it was a muscle knot. She told me my glands are all fine and then said they swell sometimes for unknown reasons and told me she has a big one at the back of her neck that is always there for no reason.
    She told me if my neck is still the same or glands got really big I should come back. So I’m happy for now, I still worry but that’s my anxiety I can’t help it.
    I’m going to try and not think about it and relax a bit hard with two kids in the house but I’m gonna try anyway.

That’s great news, and I’m so pleased you’re reassured and ready to move forwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information