Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: lump in neck

Re: lump in neck

I understand completely how you feel. I have a lymph node on the left side of my neck down at the base, I discovered it back in January. I flipped out and saw my ENT had an ultrasound. Confirmed it was a node but under a cm so he wasn't worried. I had a follow up scan 3 weeks ago and again ENT wasn't concerned. It's July, still there and just last night while checking it, I feel 2 more near it. No idea if they're new or I missed them before. It's taking everything in me not to panic. I see my ENT again in December to follow up, I know that's far off but it's helping me knowing I have an appointment set and I just had a scan less than a month ago and nothing was mentioned about other nodes.

It’s so frustrating, if I hadn’t had neck pain I would not have known about it and now my neck pain has gone and just left me with this fear about a lumo in my neck :( I just want to know whether I should be concerned about it or not. It’s the unknown that terrifies me.

I hear you! I so get it. :( I wish I had magical words to make the fear stop, but I don't. Just know, I completely understand how you feel. It seems every time I start making effort with my anxiety its 10 steps backward.

Quote Originally Posted by AnxietyGirl30 View Post
    Hi all,

I went to my appointment and told my doctor about my neck she first asked me if I thought this was anxiety which I said no!
    She made me do some different movements with my head to see how it affected my neck. Then she checked my glands I didn’t even mention that I thought I had swollen lymph node I just said I thought it was a muscle knot. She told me my glands are all fine and then said they swell sometimes for unknown reasons and told me she has a big one at the back of her neck that is always there for no reason.
    She told me if my neck is still the same or glands got really big I should come back. So I’m happy for now, I still worry but that’s my anxiety I can’t help it.
    I’m going to try and not think about it and relax a bit hard with two kids in the house but I’m gonna try anyway.

thats great news. I recently lost quite a lot of weight and could feel my glands more in my neck...which lead me to worry they were getting bigger or there was a lump that there shouldnt be. So I know exactly how you feel.

Us worriers are a strange breed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie735 View Post
    I hear you! I so get it. :( I wish I had magical words to make the fear stop, but I don't. Just know, I completely understand how you feel. It seems every time I start making effort with my anxiety its 10 steps backward.
    Yeah that’s exactly how I feel, as soon as I start getting on with life again and making progress something new appears it’s so frustrating :(

---------- Post added at 09:09 ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darthvader View Post
    thats great news. I recently lost quite a lot of weight and could feel my glands more in my neck...which lead me to worry they were getting bigger or there was a lump that there shouldnt be. So I know exactly how you feel.

Us worriers are a strange breed!
    Are you still having these concerns or have you managed to get over them?

My anxiety is really gettin to much now it’s making me so ill and I can’t stop crying. I am terrified I have cancer. Even if I do I just want to know the not knowing is the worst!
    I am calling the doctors once they are open to make an appointment because I can’t it anymore :(

Hey there,
    Greetings from India.
    You don't need to worry.
    I have 5 palpable lymph nodes in my neck. Over the last 8 months, they have come up. My FNAC (Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology) results just came out today. The report states that my lymph nodes are just reactive nodes which is nothing to worry about.
    I have 1 node at 1.2 cm (left posterior cervical)(since last 5 years)(slightly movable, circular), 2 at 0.75 cms (left superficial cervical)(dot shaped, slightly movable) and 1 node at 1cm (right cervical)(movable, circular)and a small node usually comes and goes. I got my right node tested since it had recently come up and was about 1 cm.
    What happens in Cancer is that it grows to the size of a golf ball quite fast. You will show extreme symptoms such as DRENCHING night sweats (you will have to change the bed sheets and your clothes), weight loss, red dry rashes and high consistent fever
    My suggestion to you is that you show yourself to some other doctor who hasn't seen your nodes yet. Experienced Doctors can tell a cancerous node by it's texture, size and location. In my case I showed myself to 4 doctors who appeared not concerned at all. I still insisted on a FNAC. My FNAC was done just to shut me up. Now that I know that I don't have cancer, I can see that my nodes are smaller than what I really thought.
    In your case, the node may be there from an previous infection and must have not gone down (shotty lymph node). My father has several shotty nodes since the last decade.
    Regards,
    Prabal
    Last edited by Flyingpenguin; 16-07-18 at 11:57.

Thank you for your reply and it was very reassuring to hear your experience.
    I am waiting for my doctor to call me back today as i could not get an appointment, if she feels i need to come in she will let me know.

Thank you again for taking the time to reply.

I have one on the right side of my neck it’s just a lymph node that decided not to go back down after my ear infections! I still find myself touching it sometimes but I noticed when I obsessed over it and poked it it got bigger and irritated!

Leave it alone you are fine

Thank you for your reply it really means alot and gives me some reassurance i just want to know im ok so i can move on and get on with life.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information