Thread: Clindamycin

Clindamycin

Today I went to the CVS Minuteclinic for advice on where to have an infected cyst treated (They expressed on their website they usually give referrals). The NP looked at it and he punctured it with a small needle and squeezed out the pus (it was green and smelled horrible!). He then prescribed me with Clindamycin 300MG and to take one every 6 hours for 10 days. I read up on it and found out about c. diff (mistake, I'm sure)! I realize I am not hospitalized or in a nursing home - just worried! Hoping to hear from others who have taken strong antibiotics and maybe related to this fear as well.

Re: Clindamycin

mythypaw

I work in hospital Pharmacy and Clindamycin is quite frequently prescribed for hospitalised patients. It's usually given in IV form when an inpatient. (This is standard procedure for most abx in hospital).

The side effect you speak of would be uncommon. Abx commonly cause diarrhoea and this will usually pass once the course is finished.

Take the clindamycin as prescribed. If you have any problems, speak to your doctor or pharmacist.

Good luck

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

you have to compare your fear of taking them to what would happen if you don't take them

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information