Thread: So Embarassing, but need someone to calm me down.

So Embarassing, but need someone to calm me down.

Hi Guys,

I have IBS and Need to use an enema. Just did it for the first time half hr ago. And I guess I did it wrong bc the results werent as I expected. NOw im freakin out bc I have this in me and I have no control whether I stop using the bathroom or not. I know it sounds nuts, but control issues are huge for me when it comes to my body. I called my parents house and spoke to my mom and she said did it wrong, now im having lil waves of when I have to go. Is this going to last all night? I live alone and this weird aniexty comes over me and drives me nuts. With no one to talk to but my dog, can you please tell ill be fine and that im being irrational. Thanks guys

ps- im trying not to smoke (2 all day from a half pack a day) which is adding to my stress.

Re: So Embarassing, but need someone to calm me down.

Um... what did you do wrong?

Stuff's supposed to come out, that's the point

And eventually it will stop, because it's all come out

I have only had one once, so I don't remember very well how long the feeling lasted. About half an hour after it started working sounds right (like you mine took about half an hour before it kicked in). I felt fine shortly afterwards and the feeling didn't continue.

(I have control issues too, but in the circumstances - constipation - it was such a relief I was pretty happy for the release!)

Hopefully other people with more experience will be able to offer more observations.

Are you using the enema of your own volition or have you been advised to by a medically trained person?

i woould also like to ask whether you use enema by your own choice of doctor advised you?

Quote Originally Posted by NyGirl View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have IBS and Need to use an enema. Just did it for the first time half hr ago. And I guess I did it wrong bc the results werent as I expected. NOw im freakin out bc I have this in me and I have no control whether I stop using the bathroom or not. I know it sounds nuts, but control issues are huge for me when it comes to my body. I called my parents house and spoke to my mom and she said did it wrong, now im having lil waves of when I have to go. Is this going to last all night? I live alone and this weird aniexty comes over me and drives me nuts. With no one to talk to but my dog, can you please tell ill be fine and that im being irrational. Thanks guys

ps- im trying not to smoke (2 all day from a half pack a day) which is adding to my stress.
    Hey Im not saying that stopping smoking is not a good idea, but do you really think that this is a good time for you to take this on? You will know yourself, just a thought becuase i know how much trying to stop stresses me out so im not doing that just now.

lISA
    XX

Thread Information