Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: So much to say

Re: So much to say

Again, there's no point in speculating and dwelling on it. You've done all you can whether it is real or perceived. Keep yourself busy.

So it's less than a month until my appointment, my speech is still deteriorating and I'm getting more and more nervous about my appointment. I know I'm gonna get diagnosed with ALS

Let us know how you make out

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by mpeckich View Post
    So it's less than a month until my appointment, my speech is still deteriorating and I'm getting more and more nervous about my appointment. I know I'm gonna get diagnosed with ALS
    You wanna make a bet? I'll give you my PayPal and everything. If you have ALS, I'll send you 5,000 dollars. If you don't have it, you're never allowed to post about ALS again. Cool?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh1234 View Post
    You wanna make a bet? I'll give you my PayPal and everything. If you have ALS, I'll send you 5,000 dollars. If you don't have it, you're never allowed to post about ALS again. Cool?
    I mean sure, I know you're completely convinced that I don't have it but my symptoms are real. I shudder my words and cannot pronounce certain sound groups fluently in rapid speech or different situations. You think I should get it moved up? Like a cancellation list.

Well, you'd be the first person on here who thought they had ALS who'd actually had gotten in.

I mean sure, I know you're completely convinced that I don't have it but my symptoms are real. I shudder my words and cannot pronounce certain sound groups fluently in rapid speech or different situations. You think I should get it moved up? Like a cancellation list.
    I think someone betting you £5,000 you don't have something is a pretty clear indicator they don't think you should get it moved up on a cancellation list... you're at that part in your HA where you're not even clearly reading things that don't fit your viewpoint.

I hope you get the all clear soon and can put this behind you, but sadly the reassurance will be short-lived and professional mental health help is what's needed to fully put this to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post

I don't know much about ALS, but I've never seen any person on AZ or this site who've thought they've had it and they actually did. So statistically, I don't think it's anywhere near likely that you have it.
    ALS is what Stephen Hawkins has yes?
    Last edited by paranoid-viking; 04-07-17 at 14:18.

There are things that I can't say "in rapid speech" too.

So far, though, everything I've had trouble saying everybody else I've had try to say it conveniently also had trouble saying it!

Try saying this quickly a few times:

"defended in an intellectual debate"

I was reading an article out loud and completely got stuck on this.

almost everybody else I've had try to read it got stripped up too, and pauses between the "in" and "an" to get it out clearly.

Can somebody else try this and tell us their results so he sees that some things are just hard to say?

Quote Originally Posted by vincy View Post
    Try saying this quickly a few times:

"defended in an intellectual debate"

Can somebody else try this and tell us their results so he sees that some things are just hard to say?
    Then try these and let us know how you do.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information