Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new symphtom that I've discovered

Unhappy A new symphtom that I've discovered

So, after 4-5 years of having my lymph nodes enlarged in my neck I took my axillar body temperature several nights in different months. Every night I saw temperatures of 36.8-37.2C while my normal temperature was about 36C before having the lymph nodes. It's a huge discovering because it can finally proove that my fear for lymphoma is true. Most say that persistent low fever is a sign of cancer or infection but I don't have any infection (and infections doesn't last for years), all tests were done. I'm very scared right now and I expect the worst. I'll finally ask for a fine needle aspiration biopsy. Something is wrong with my body and I can feel it, I'm never 100% ok. I feel like I'm always 85% or something.
    I have scars that doesn't heal properly or take about a month or even more to heal. I have tiny red dots in my legs, my face and my hands are pale, I always feel cold. I think there's enough proof. And also yesterday I had like a leg spasm and I touched deeply into it and I found a lump in my leg!!!
    This is not HA related, this is a real problem, I'm tired of it, I can't live with fear, I decided biopsy is the best.
    Last edited by mdel; 22-06-17 at 03:47.

Re: A new symphtom that I've discovered

Any advice I could receive? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by mdel View Post
    Any advice I could receive? Thank you
    I posted this on your first thread...

I already went to about 5 ENTs (1 of them oncologist, 2 hematologist, 1 infectologist and 1 allergist). Some of them touched my lymph nodes and said that they were normal...
    So how can "normal" nodes be swollen? They're not swollen but your perception of them makes them that way.

The thing is I can't forget the idea something wrong is happening with me. Even if I try to convince myself that everything is good... And I don't want to be 1 of that people who are depressed and need a lot of pills to feel happy. Sometimes I think I'm crazy. :( One of my ENTs said that I need a psychologist but how can they be that sure without scientific proof of my problem? I disagree about meeting a psychologist, I only want peace of mind by getting a biopsy and then if it comes negative for maligancy I'll forget about all this thing.
    I'm a head and neck cancer survivor. You cannot biopsy when there's nothing to biopsy! Nothing you posted raises a red flag. Concerning therapy? Besides checking off all the anxiety boxes in your posts, the fact you're posting on this site indicates that deep down, you know you need professional mental health help.

My advice remains the same.... Professional mental health care.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Anxiety can cause low grade fever (it ALWAYS happens to my when I feel panicked). Also, 4-5 years of swollen lymph nodes with no progression to anything else does not equal lymphoma. You would super super sick and not posting here. Try to take some deep breaths. If you look around on this site you will see there are soooooooo many people who complain of swollen lymph nodes. Luckily for you, you have time on your side!

Then what about all my other symphtoms? My mind couldn't create all of it. I'm sure it can create some symphtoms but not all the symphtoms I have.

Today U took my body temperature as always and I have 37C again and my normal temperature was always about 36. There's something behind it, something about my persistent lymph nodes. I know it. I'm also not eating properly because I'm worried again. It's clearly leukemia or lymphoma. I noticed tiny red dots (like 1mm) that have blood inside if I press it. This is not HA :(
    Look I don't pretend to worry anyone but I may be a real ill person instead of an HA sufferer I wish I could simply do a final test that tells me what is my disease (a chronic super durable and weird infection or simply cancer).
    Another symphtom that I'm having is anal itching, I have it for over a week, never experienced that.
    And another is that I wake up with cervical pain and sometimes I have a low amount of pain during the day, for example today I have a left axillary pain.
    I think with all the symphtoms I described someone already know what I have, but it seems like the human body is not that simple.

Yoy may say I'm inventing the symphtoms or something like that but they are real

Like you do, I check my body temp too. Let me share this quote with you, it's something that I learnt in the last months checking my temp at different times of the day:
    My temperature its been fluctuating between 36,3(97,4F) in the early morning and 37(98,6F)/37,2(99F) in the afternoon and the early night. It starts to go down again at 11.30PM always. I've been registering my temps for long time (yes, I'm obsessed), taking it in my armpits and sometimes in the mouth to compare, and then I realized that it seem that it's just my normal temp cicle. Maybe you already know that the body temperature it's lower in the morning and it reaches their highest level in the afternoon (around 6PM), it's the circadian rythm and it's equal to EVERY human. The body temperature can be also elevated after a shower, after a meal, after exercise, due to anxiety and strong emotions, being in a hot room, etc, etc, etc. Yes, our temperature isn't too "stable", but that changes doesn't mean nothing sinister or dangerous for us, our bodies are pretty smart. If you wanna make that experiment just take your temp early in the morning, at midday and then in the afternoon and night.

Just because your body temp used to be low does not mean that returning to normal is a fever. Lymph nodes, genuinely larger than usual or not doesn't mean diddly.

Wounds being slow to heal is a sign of protein deficit.
    Low temperature/feeling cold suggests your metabolism is slow, starvation mode?
    Paleness suggests anaemia, (iron deficiency).
    The cramp in your leg (that lump is almost certainly involuntarily contracted muscle) suggests you are low in electrolytes.

Are you actually eating anything at all? Anorexic? Bulimic?

Well, I eat about 3 times a day but not that much, I'm 5,74" (about 175cm) and my weight is 132 pounds (about 60kg).
    I don't think I'm anorexic or bullimic because I never vomit, I don't feel fat at all, but yes it's true that I don't eat much because I'm almost never hungry, I just eat to fill my body with energy but that's all. I can't force myself to eat more than I can.
    I'm not vegan or something, I eat everything. To be honest I abuse of junk food.

Not eating much possibly explains feeling cold, it depends how much you are eating altogether.
    Everything else is explained by your poor quality diet. Even your anxiety levels will improve with healthier eating.

Concentrate on eating high protein foods like meat, eggs, fish, cheese (real cheese, not the artificial stuff that so many places put on pizzas and burgers), and greens.
    Pulses and nuts are good too but are not balanced like animal protein.

Of the junk foods, burgers are probably the best, especially if you ditch the roll!
    Pies, sausage rolls, pizzas all have far too much carbohydrates for the amount of decent nutrition in them. Even ready meals are stacked high with carbohydrates, both the obvious potatoes, rice or pasta, and hidden thickeners and sugar.

I'm deducing that you don't have the energy to cook properly, but you can get ready cooked sliced meat, or smoked fish, tinned fish, tinned beans, cheese and Greek yogurt etc. from most supermarkets, as well as fresh spinach, parsley, rocket, lettuce, and other salad stuff, and they are all just as easy to eat as takeaway, and if you eat them out of the containers, there's no more washing up than takeaway either!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information