Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: moderate blood in urine dipstick test

Re: moderate blood in urine dipstick test

It really sounds like they're practicing "CYA" medicine. Their expertise and experience is saying this is not an issue. Getting it in writing from tests affirms this and again is just good practice.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Fishmanpa, thank you for your message. I hope you're right and it's nothing . . . that the doctor is just making sure a check is done for the CYA medicine you mentioned.

I realize that it's highly unlikely to be anything. I've read all sorts of reasons for people to have microscopic blood in their urine, some of them being that it's just normal for that person. Still, I have so much fear and anxiety that he'll come home tomorrow after his appointment to deliver terrible news (and maybe that sort of news wouldn't scare a lot of people - just take care of it and move on, but when you have anxiety it's crippling). I am just hoping that his ultrasound was clear and that the urine analysis doesn't show anything major.

Thank you all for your warm thoughts.

I hate to post again and be a bother, but I'm having some major anxiety tonight. My husband goes in for his results tomorrow around noon and I feel so anxious that I could be sick. I just want good news . . . I don't know if I can handle this.

I keep fixating on what the ultrasound technician told him - "I'll send these to the radiologist and he should have them to your doctor by tomorrow," as if the "by tomorrow" should indicate a pressing need or urgency of passing along bad results. I've read so many stories of results taking forever to get, so would she say this because she saw something bad and knew it would be passed along quickly?

Please, if anyone is around right now I could do with some thoughts.
    Last edited by allthatglitters; 20-06-17 at 04:52.

I don't have much to add but it sounds like the doctors have it under control. Sending positive thoughts and do let us know what the results are.

How did it go?
    I go on Monday for my cystoscope - I'm pretty nervous for the results. They're going to give me the results at that appointment from the cystoscope as well as an ultra sound I had a few weeks ago.
    I'm grateful it's not a wait, but nevertheless terrified.

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your positive thoughts; my anxiety was quite terrible there for awhile.

Aleman200, thank you for your recent message!

So, my husband's ultrasound came back completely clear - the doctor said everything looked healthy but that he had a slightly enlarged spleen (but said nothing more on the matter). His urinalysis was also clear. The doctor said they could do a cystoscope if my husband wanted to, but he didn't say it was necessary. With both the ultrasound and urinalysis coming back completely clear he decided to leave it at that.

A few days ago we learned that his mother has had microscopic blood in her urine for the past few years at every physical; she had a cystoscope done and they found nothing, so perhaps it's hereditary. In any case, I'm relieved that it is over.

Mel_82 - I am sending you lots of love and support for Monday. The wait is the absolute worst part, but at least you will know then and there. If your ultrasound had shown anything major I am sure you would have received a call by now. I am sending lots of positive thoughts your way!

Quote Originally Posted by allthatglitters View Post
    Hey everyone,

Thank you for your positive thoughts; my anxiety was quite terrible there for awhile.

Aleman200, thank you for your recent message!

So, my husband's ultrasound came back completely clear - the doctor said everything looked healthy but that he had a slightly enlarged spleen (but said nothing more on the matter). His urinalysis was also clear. The doctor said they could do a cystoscope if my husband wanted to, but he didn't say it was necessary. With both the ultrasound and urinalysis coming back completely clear he decided to leave it at that.

A few days ago we learned that his mother has had microscopic blood in her urine for the past few years at every physical; she had a cystoscope done and they found nothing, so perhaps it's hereditary. In any case, I'm relieved that it is over.

Mel_82 - I am sending you lots of love and support for Monday. The wait is the absolute worst part, but at least you will know then and there. If your ultrasound had shown anything major I am sure you would have received a call by now. I am sending lots of positive thoughts your way!
    I agree. My initial ultra sound showed nothing in my bladder or kidnesys and the test they did for cancer cells in my urine also came back negative. I think
    More or less they're doing the cystoscope because I was a smoker. Better safe than sorry. Plus the blood was still there on my last urine test.

The last ultra sound I went for was for the ovarian cysts they found during my first ultra sound (go figure lol).
    You're right tho. If they were majorly concerned I'm sure I wouldn't have had to wait 3 weeks.

I'm super happy to hear that your husbands results were positive

Fantastic news, i'm sure it's a huge relief for you and your husband!

Mel_82 - With your ultrasound and urine analysis clean I would think it's very unlikely that the cysto will show anything else. From what I understand, if someone is at high risk (like you said you are as a former smoker) then a doctor will almost always order a cysto just to give it the definitive all clear. My husband's dipstick still shows blood after all of this, but so does his mother's at every physical she has had over the past few years . . . and her cysto found absolutely nothing. I'm finding that what a lot of people say is true, and some people just have that trace blood for whatever reason. Ovarian cysts aren't anything to worry about usually, but at least you know they're there in case you feel a sharp pain and wonder where it came from if one bursts. One of my best friends gets them constantly, and her OBGYN reassures her not to stress about it.
    --I know your appointment is tomorrow, so please let us know how it goes! Thank you for your message. I'll be thinking of you!

Aleman200 - Thank you so much! Yes, it is a huge relief and has certainly put things into perspective. All the best to you!

Quote Originally Posted by allthatglitters View Post
    Mel_82 - With your ultrasound and urine analysis clean I would think it's very unlikely that the cysto will show anything else. From what I understand, if someone is at high risk (like you said you are as a former smoker) then a doctor will almost always order a cysto just to give it the definitive all clear. My husband's dipstick still shows blood after all of this, but so does his mother's at every physical she has had over the past few years . . . and her cysto found absolutely nothing. I'm finding that what a lot of people say is true, and some people just have that trace blood for whatever reason. Ovarian cysts aren't anything to worry about usually, but at least you know they're there in case you feel a sharp pain and wonder where it came from if one bursts. One of my best friends gets them constantly, and her OBGYN reassures her not to stress about it.
    --I know your appointment is tomorrow, so please let us know how it goes! Thank you for your message. I'll be thinking of you!

Aleman200 - Thank you so much! Yes, it is a huge relief and has certainly put things into perspective. All the best to you!

Thank you for the positive vibes all went well. My ultra sound again came back ok except for the cysts. They're referring me to a gyno but he said he's not worried about them at all.
    So since he's not, I'm not.

The cysto was clear. He said I have a healthy bladder
    So yay, it's over now and everything is fine.

I do a lot of lifting at work so he said it could be just a burst vein or what's normal for me.
    I'm so happy/relieved. Now I can look fwd to my holidays next
    Week!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information