Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breast/nipple burning. So scared!!

Cracked and burning nipple for no reason?

I posted the other day that I've been experiencing burning in my right breast particularly my nipple area. A couple days after that, I noticed it's actually cracked. Like it's open or something. It burns on and off all day. It's been this way since last Sunday. I'm not pregnant, not nursing, I just finished my period less than 2 weeks ago. I have no idea what caused this. I googled, dumb I know, and pagents came up. I'm beside myself with worry. I'm frustrated because I've really been working on my anxiety and had been doing quite well and I was proud of myself, all that has flown out the window. :( Anyone dealt with this?

Re: Breast/nipple burning. So scared!!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

What do you mean cracked? As in cracked skin? Could it maybe just be dry skin or smth like that? With the test you said you've had done it sounds almost impossible they would miss something if it was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by maianixon View Post
    What do you mean cracked? As in cracked skin? Could it maybe just be dry skin or smth like that? With the test you said you've had done it sounds almost impossible they would miss something if it was wrong
    Yea like the skin on the top of my nipple has split apart or the ducts where the milk comes out is opened. It doesn't look or feel like dry skin. Even if so I've been applying creams and it's not going away. :( I'm terrified!! All my tests were done 8 months and a year ago not recent.

okay from your description it still sounds normal to me, the skin on top of the nipple most of the time appears slightly cracked? at least on me lol, like its not completely smooth normally

Quote Originally Posted by maianixon View Post
    okay from your description it still sounds normal to me, the skin on top of the nipple most of the time appears slightly cracked? at least on me lol, like its not completely smooth normally
    Yea, it's like that but extra cracked and open and red.

I am having that same problem but I thought since I have a nipple ring it was dealing with that. It hurts really bad when it happen but it goes away

Idk it sounds like it could just be irritated skin to me, if you're very concerned you can always go to your GP and ask about it, but if you've had very extensive examinations not too long ago I don't think anything dangerous would just happen overnight, but then I'm not a doctor so I can't know.

Please keep us updated!

I've been applying steroid cordisone cream the last couple days. It visually looks better but it's still burning on and off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information