Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Rocket fuel" for depression - if SSRI's havent worked, pls read!

"Rocket fuel" for depression - if SSRI's havent worked, pls read!

I have a histroy of melancholic depression, which wasnt releived by citralopram, fluoxetine, paroxetine or Effexor.

However, adding the NARI Edronax to the Effexor brought about an amazing change within a few days.

If anyone has depression that doesnt fully respond to SSRI's, please, please, ask your doctors for a months trial of Edronax - it could truly change your life.

If is safe to take with an SSRI, to help keep anxiety/panic in check, and to keep the seretonin levals high, and the sid effects are minimal

Re: "Rocket fuel" for depression - if SSRI's havent worked, pls read!

im really inspired by your thread, iv been on citralopram for 5 years n seroxat b4 that as well as proprananol but still suffer daily i feel like im living inside a bubble most the time and life is passing me by, but iv stumbled across this site and am inspired. Iv always said that ssri's wasnt working fully, but have been told that i just have to stick with them and that if i stop taking then i will get worst.
    Having read your thread i feel that this might also be beneficial to me so i shall be making an appt with my GP and hopefully he will agree to put me on a trail, so thank you for passing on the advice.

Jo xx

I've been on Prozac for the last 15yrs or so and Ive never felt like it was working properly. I have, during this time, tried other types of anti depressants but no help. Ive also been on venlafaxin but was too underweight at time to cope with side effects. Prozac has always been the better option for me so you can understand why this thread is of interest.

At the moment I am trying Thyroxine as my thyroid is borderline but "normal" to see if my drive will return. If this doesn't work then I will speak to my GP about this drug.

Thanks for the info jonstar and Jo

Janey

Rocket fuel eh? Gawd I'm interested as well. I've been on loads of meds - the one which worked well for the depression was Duloxetine but it did nothing for the anx.

I'm on effexor now - upped it 4 weeks ago to 150 - must admit I do feel so much better than I did but still don't feel that it's working the way it should.

What exactly is an NARI? What side effects does it have?

Take much care and glad you have found a wonder med. Is it good for anxiety as well?

Yvonne

Im very very interestd to know what this is, please can you give us moe info!!!!!! Im on the top level of seroxat they will give me and at times i am doing well, but it really isnt properly controlling my anxiety and depression and im in a very bad period at the moment. Would love to know more......

...baby steps everyday.

what 'kind' of a drug is it?

another ssri? tricyclic? antipsychotic? tranq?
    what please?

I am interested as well. I wonder if its available in Canada? I have been on Paxil 11 years and it does not help so I am also on two benzodiazapems. Does it increase your serotonin even more? I have always been paranoid about serotonin syndrome so if it does I probably would be too scared to take it.

I found this out about Edronax:

Edronax tablets contain the active ingredient reboxetine, which is a type of antidepressant known as a selective noradrenaline re-uptake inhibitor. This type of medicine acts on nerve cells in the brain.

In the brain there are numerous different chemical compounds called neurotransmitters. These act as chemical messengers between the nerve cells. Noradrenaline is one such neurotransmitter and has various functions that we know of.

When noradrenaline is released from nerve cells in the brain it acts to lighten mood. When it is reabsorbed into the nerve cells, it no longer has an effect on mood. It is thought that when depression occurs, there may be a decreased amount of noradrenaline released from nerve cells in the brain.

Reboxetine works by preventing noradrenaline from being reabsorbed back into the nerve cells in the brain. This helps prolong the mood lightening effect of any released noradrenaline. In this way, reboxetine helps relieve depression.

It may take between two to four weeks for the benefits of this medicine to appear, so it is very important that you keep taking it, even if it doesn't seem to make much difference at first. If you feel your depression has got worse, or if you have any distressing thoughts or feelings in these first few weeks, then you should talk to your doctor.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100000891.html

I looked up some more stuff on Edronax and this is what I found.

It is a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (NR!) which means that it does not inhibit the reuptake of serotonin, therefore it can be safely combined with an SSRI.

Common side effects of reboxetine are consistent with its anticholinergic properties, and include: dry mouth, constipation, headache, drowsiness, dizziness, excessive sweating and insomnia. Hypertension has been infrequently seen.
    In 4 to 8% of all patients treated the medication has to be discontinued due to following reasons (percentages represent mean values):
    • insomnia 1.3%
    • excessive sweating 1.1%
    • vertigo/hypotension and paraesthesia 0.8%
    • dizziness, impotence, and other urological problems 0.5% each
    Some other rare side effects include anxiety, loss of appetite, loss of libido, urinary retention in men, pain on ejaculation, increased orgasm intensity, and premature/quickened ejaculation.
    Reboxetine is normally well tolerated. So far no attributable fatalities have been noted.

I actually might talk to my doctor about this.

This stuff is also known as reboxetine and its effectiveness has not been fully verified yet - some trials have shown that escitalopram is vastly more effective - however if anyone here has used edronax/reboxetine, please let us know how it went. I would consider taking it alongside my citalopram if my doctor agrees to it.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information