Thread: Light Headed/off balance/dizzy (long post sorry)

Light Headed/off balance/dizzy (long post sorry)

Hi this is my first post but i've been reading on this site daily for the past 3 weeks.. I'm a 25 year old male always been healthy and in good shape, i've always stressed about anything and everything since as long as i could remember.[Sigh...] If it wasnt one thing it was another.

About 2 months ago i was at work and out of the blue got a bad dizzy spell nothing like i have ever had before. (dizzy as in; off balance, very light headed, and i could not focus very well) I tried to fight it off but it wouldnt go away. I made it through the work day and went home, i thought i was coming down with something. I had a good nights rest and felt pretty good in the morning.. I went to work and was feeling fine and again out of the blue the dizzy spell came back and again i tried to fight it off but stressing about it made it worse and it felt like i was going to fall over, i left work and went straight to the hospital and after an EKG and some other little tests i was told it was an inner ear infection. I was so releaved it wasnt something wrong with my heart... I went back to work the next day and i was dizzy most of the day but i kept telling myself it was an inner ear infection.. A few days went by and it faded away. 1 month went by and i felt great and then again out of the blue at work it came back in full force worse then the month before i again went into a panic. Why was this back again i told myself? I made it through the day and the next day went back to the hospital.[Sigh...] After a CT scan and blood work i was told i was fine... 3 weeks have now gone by and i'm at the point where i dont know what to do.. I'm light headed/off balance 24/7 and moving my head left to right is so scary i need to hold on to something to do this. This is there from when i wake up and until i go to bed.. This is the worst thing i've ever had to deal with thus far in my life.. Everyone around me things i'm losin my mind.. My mother says she gets dizzy too and she says its stress but i've been stressed my whole life and this has never happened.. I keep telling myself that it went away 2 months ago and that it will go away again.. But its not.. 24/7 I have this with me.. :(

I've tried to control my breathing and stretch my neck and drink lots of fluids like i've read on here but i cant get this out of my head and i'm starting to forget what it feels like to be normal..

Sorry again for the long post but how can this be stress?? even when i relax all weekend and do nothing its there.. help anyone??[Sigh...]

Hi
    I suffer from this alot, you're not alone. I get labyrinthitis (inner ear virus) alot which knocks me out pretty much for a week at a time. I do also get very similar symptoms when I'm very stressed and it does last a long time - even when I dont think im particularly stressed at the time. Our minds hang onto stress. It is and can be very scary. I take travel sickness tablets which help me to live a fairly normal life, but in the long term, talk to your doctor for a second opinion. hope this helps
    Zoe
    XX

Hi Joe

I have replied to you other post Hun.

Love

Andrea
    xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Joe,

Sounds like it might be Vertigo? I had it several years ago and was given medication with a light sedative effect as I got pretty hysterical about it. Horrible feeling to have so know how you are feeling. Hope you sort it out

Kay x

hey joe

i agree with kay,

does sound like vertigo, though you prob also becasue of it have released the anx thathas been built up inside you after yrs of worrying, thats what im going through , i was dizzy for months and weak and felt like i was viewing the world through a pain of glass.

but never fear my good friend it is nothing that can physically harm you and you have come to the right site,

its great here and the people are the best and honest and warm in the world
    if you gotomy profile you will find my msn , add me and we can chat about this anytime you need , as with my anx i dont getout much and im always here to listen and help iif i can

keep smilin buddy

and as the saying goes

smile and teh world seems brighter

Joe I know how you feel..i have been suffering for months with weird symptoms and had two doctors and a veteran nurse tell me its inner ear trouble or sinus..I have sinus trouble really bad..and always have.I have had a few times in my life position vertigo what you are really desribing..I have been told I was depressed and anxious and etc..everyone around me now thinks that im nuts I think ..My wife which stays in bed at the drop of a hat for all day for days at a time and has since I have known her made me feel like a crazy person the other day like an invalid..This dizziness is enough to scare the life out of you ..I can assure you its sinus,inner ear or allergies..You are probably being exposed to something like dust of some new type of fumes that you aren't used to being around..something different..Its logged in your sinuses and giving you problems.Find the source and you will find your answer.My problem is mostly moving 9000 ft higher than im used to .I don't know if it will ever go away or not..Its probably caused by being inside and being exposed to carpets and other things in our new home.We spend alot of time inside due to cold weather and not being much to do here so thats probably what it is..In a new home there are always lots of toxins..i hope you find out whats going on with yours and don't worry .it will be ok..there are alot of us out here that have issues with dizziness and your arent crazy..it just happens so try not to worry about it..you will be ok..

Thread Information