Thread: Light Headed/off balance/dizzy (duplicate post)

Light Headed/off balance/dizzy (duplicate post)

Sorry guys i posted this in another section, more people view this section so i'll try it here..

Hi this is my first post but i've been reading on this site daily for the past 3 weeks.. I'm a 25 year old male always been healthy and in good shape, i've always stressed about anything and everything since as long as i could remember.[Sigh...] If it wasnt one thing it was another.

About 2 months ago i was at work and out of the blue got a bad dizzy spell nothing like i have ever had before. (dizzy as in; off balance, very light headed, and i could not focus very well) I tried to fight it off but it wouldnt go away. I made it through the work day and went home, i thought i was coming down with something. I had a good nights rest and felt pretty good in the morning.. I went to work and was feeling fine and again out of the blue the dizzy spell came back and again i tried to fight it off but stressing about it made it worse and it felt like i was going to fall over, i left work and went straight to the hospital and after an EKG and some other little tests i was told it was an inner ear infection. I was so releaved it wasnt something wrong with my heart... I went back to work the next day and i was dizzy most of the day but i kept telling myself it was an inner ear infection.. A few days went by and it faded away. 1 month went by and i felt great and then again out of the blue at work it came back in full force worse then the month before i again went into a panic. Why was this back again i told myself? I made it through the day and the next day went back to the hospital.[Sigh...] After a CT scan and blood work i was told i was fine... 3 weeks have now gone by and i'm at the point where i dont know what to do.. I'm light headed/off balance 24/7 and moving my head left to right is so scary i need to hold on to something to do this. This is there from when i wake up and until i go to bed.. This is the worst thing i've ever had to deal with thus far in my life.. Everyone around me things i'm losin my mind.. My mother says she gets dizzy too and she says its stress but i've been stressed my whole life and this has never happened.. I keep telling myself that it went away 2 months ago and that it will go away again.. But its not.. 24/7 I have this with me.. :(

I've tried to control my breathing and stretch my neck and drink lots of fluids like i've read on here but i cant get this out of my head and i'm starting to forget what it feels like to be normal..

Sorry again for the long post but how can this be stress?? even when i relax all weekend and do nothing its there.. help anyone??[Sigh...]

I don't know if this is panic or not. I think you could do with a visit to doc to get checked out again.
    There are other fairly simple things that can cause symptoms like you describe (I don't know what they all are though!) and yes panic can be one of them. has vertigo been suggested? My dad had that years ago and it has something to do with the ear I think, but not necessarily an infection.
    Go back to your doc. whether it is physical or not, you need reassurance. If it is a case of breathing correctly, maybe you need somebody to sit down and talk it through with?
    Last point, you say you have panicked all your life but never had anyting like this before. I think that panic/anxiety/stress are often build up things where we think we are dealing with it until it really comes up and bites us on the backside!

Take care. I hope I have said something of any help.

happyone

Hi Joe,

And welcome to NMP

I used to be like this 24/7 for nearly 2 years, its all anxiety Hun, Your not loosing your mind at all, there are ways you can deal with these symptoms, i find distraction works best for me, when i feel the dizziness raising i start to change my thoughts, i make sums in my head, i count the colours on different items, if i am out doors, i make words out of number plates on cars. i also carry my Mp3 around with me and sing my favorite songs, they are lots of differnt disctraction techniques you can use. Also breathing techniques are excellent for reducing anxiety.

Heres some posts that may help.

Spaced out/ dizzy

Spaciness
    Light Headed
    dizzyness
    Jules31
    Light Headed
    Very dizzy
    help :(
    vertigo, diziness
    Vertigo type sensations
    New to this site and need some advice :(
    Is my head normal???
    Anxiety + Panic + Stress + Dizziness + some relief
    Dizziness - I hate it, any help?

Breathing technique

How Do You Do The Breathing
    Breathing.. wow
    Breathing Techniques
    CONTROLLED BREATHING
    Working to get better, have a few Q's to ask...
    Insatiable Mouth / Chest Breather????

Love

Andrea
    xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Thanks honey..

Just a little more input on me.. The symtoms of the light headed/off balance did start at work and does get worse as i think about it.. I'm not going to lie, i have a stressful job..I work in a phamacy, just graduated from school this past summer.. having to rush around all day and having to be perfect without making any mistakes is hard and it doesnt help when people get mad and yell
    at you while all the time you have to keep a smile and try to look like you are calm.. Deep down i want to belive its all stress but its so hard, i am 25 years old/young i keep telling myself.. what is happening to me? I think i have some severe illness thats never going to get better and only get worse.. The stress of worrying about what is wrong with me is almost as bad as being dizzy all day... BLAH.. Sorry guys.. Seems like i'm driving everyone else around me nuts and not just myself...

Hi Joe,

WELCOME TO THE SITE.

Your thread has just jumped out at me.

I have been panic and high anxiety free for a long time, all because of this site [^]

I know full well that dizzyness is one of may anxiety symptoms. I can say, I have had alot going on this year, which has caused some lower level anxiety symptoms, but nothing I can't handle and nothing to worry about.

I have had in the past, a middle ear infection.

I have had in the past, dizzyness, due to anxiety, so if the symptoms and dizzness I am having now is due to anxiety, well thats new to me.

Don't get me wrong Joe, My dizzyness now is NOT life threating. I have already told myself what it might be, eg,

Middle ear inffection. cureable
    Floaters in my middle ear, curable ohh I seen this on a hospital programme, very intresting.

I don't feel the need to use the site at the mo for reasurance, if it is anxiety realated, IT WILL pass in time.

But at the mo, I don't think mine is anxiety. might be as above, ohhh who knows, I'm still learning.

Is yours symptoms as mine [?]

I can bring a dizzyspell, off balance feeling on, if I move my head in a certain possiton, ohhh boy, my head goes all funny and I feel sooo off balance, my eyes can't focus. can you do this, in fact, can anyone who suffers anxiety do this [?] I do feel that my dizzyness, off balance is strange. I don't fear it, just think its strange.

I know what helped me to recover was to learn all symtpoms of anxiety, panic, what there casue was and why, as I said, this one, if anxiety related, it a new one on me, but thats what we are here for, is to learn all there is to know about anxiety and panic and its symptoms and learn NOT to fear them.

Joe, have you asked if your middle ear is inffected again. I know this can happen and does cause, dizzyness, off balance.

I know mime feels different this time, BUT I am not thinking the worse, so this tells me, just to play the waiting game and see how I go. Listen to my relaxation Cd's. I do know that if its the floatiers in near the middle ear, they can move on there own in time. mmmmmm maybe it is anxiety. I must admit. I have had alot going on this year, enough to stress anyone out.

I am still gobsmacked on just how much stress can cause on your body, the symptoms you can have, ohhh boy, it still amazes me.

I don't think I have been of any help at all, but just to say I know what your going through.

There are great people on here who will help and support you

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

HELLO JOE...HOPE U R DOIN GOOD AT THIS MOMENT?? WELL JOE EVERYTHING U SAID ON YA PAGE IS WHAT I WENT THR AT WORK..EXACTLY THIS IS HOW IT HAPPEN...I BEEN HAVIN PANIC ATTACKS FOR 2 YEARS NOW AND IT'S NO JOKE AND BAD TO LIVE WITH..MIGHT OF FACT IM HAVIN ONE NOW AND BEEN HAVIN DEM EVERYDAY...DIZZINESS THAT'S WHAT I AM NOW AND LIGHTHEAD AND SEEM LIKE I CANT GET FOCUS ON THE OUTSIDE WORLD..I GET'S PLENTY OF REST LIKE U SAID BUT STILL I HAVE EM REALLY BAD..BUT I NO WE WILL GET THR THIS TOGETHER ONE DAY AND NO WE ARE NOT CRAZY..I WAS WONDERIN DID ANYONE ELSE GET DIZZY AND EYESIGHT NOT CLEAR..AND THEN I READ YA PARAGRAPH AND NOW I NO IM NOT THE ONLY ONE..WHEN I FIRST STARTED GETIIN SICK.,I WAS TOLD I HAD A COLD AND DAYS WENT BY MONTHS WENT BY AND I WAS WORSER NOT KNOWIN WHAT WAS WRONG WITH ME..I LOST MY JOB BECAUSE OF THE SICKNESS BUT I THANK GOD FOR BEIN ON MY SIDE..WE ARE GOIN TO GET THR THIS AND I NO IT SEEMS LIKE FOREVER FOR US BUT OUR DAY WILL COME JUST LIKE SOME OF THE OTHER SUFFERS..I WILL PRAY FOR YOU AS I DO MY SELF..RIGHT NOW IM HAVIN A HARD TIME DEALING WITH DEM MYSELF..IT'S GETS BETTER THEN IT COMES RIGTH BACK..WELL FEEL FREE TO WRITE ME BACK AND GOD BLESS YOU..

Re: Light Headed/off balance/dizzy (duplicate post)

Joe, dont fear or worry about anything pal, cause i have the exact same feelings of dizzyness and worry you do! Its common and many people suffer from it!! but i promise you mate, you will overcome it!

I suffer with this too. I have had it on and off for 2 years also. First time was just after my first PA. Then when family stress came again. Now I dont know what is going on in my mind all I know is that I can bring it on. It nearly always happens at time of rest. E.G. when watching the TV or when out shopping etc.. The more I worry about it the worse it gets. I will say it all seems to be in the head and I have never lost balance from it. I do wonder everytime I get it if it is blood pressure or Diabetes etc.. the more I think of when it occurs the more I worry it is something serious that I am ignoring.

I keep reminding me that I have had the symptoms over and over in the past and they always go away. I remind myself that I never had these before my first PA.

I am sure you wont find anything wrong as wont I. I sometimes think that going to the docs for everything makes this symptom worse. The cycle of doubting the doctors diagnosis starts and then bang the symptom appears again.

Hope this helps.. Just forget as much as you can about the feelings and they will go away.

Mee

This is definately anxiety.... like you for many years I had been a worrier and stressed, and then out of the blue it turned into panic attacks....
    If they are happening at work you may need to do a few things to help - Drink plenty of water throughout the day, always eat your lunch and snack in the morning and afternoon, as bllod sugars can make you appear dizzy.... Always get 15mins outside in the middle of the day to clear your head and refresh your thoughts....
    If you still get dizzy, do deep slow breathing and distract yourself until the dizziness passes and you feel more relaxed
    hope this helps

Thread Information