Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone feel pulsing feeling in head?

Anyone feel pulsing feeling in head?

Anyone feel a painless, pulsing full feeling in head after changing positions? Like after getting out of your car and walking into store or restaurant and then feel this full pulsing in your head for a few seconds? I get this off and on and lately it's been bad. No one can tell me what it is. Do you think it could be from my extremely tight neck, shoulders and back. Maybe that and anxiety. I don't know why I am feeling so anxious lately when I go out anywhere. It is really depressing me. I took a xanax and I feel so much better. I don't want to start taking them all the time. Anyway, just wondering if anybody ever feels this in there head. I don't feel faint, but for a few seconds I just stand there until the pulsing stops. Thanks for any input on this.

Re: Anyone feel pulsing feeling in head?

Sounds like a kind of head rush thing

I used to get them all the time as well.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Ro, 'peculiar' feelings in the head are fairly common in people with mental health problems. I sometimes get an unexpected 'pulse racing' feeling in my temples, like when you feel your pulse and it is really fast but Iget it in my temples.

I also get a feeling of pressure all around my skull and forehead, like my head and forehead are being 'pushed in' or sometimes a feeling of 'heaviness' on my scalp. Anxiety can cause all sorts of strage feelings in the head and body.

Are you taking any medication tthat can cause lightheadness, for example an anti-psychotic or some anti-depressants?

I know it is unpleasant but please don't worry about it. I have had mental health problems for 20 years and have had all sorts of 'weird' physical feelings in my head and body.

Take care,

Have you had your BP checked? Might be something to do with that.

No, I don't take any anti-depressants or psychotic drugs. I do think it has to do with blood pressure although when I take my blood pressure at home it is good. It has to be something to do with the blood pressure though because what else would I be feeling in my head? I also feel it and kind of hear it so it has to be the blood flow. It's weird. Does anybody ever lay on their stomach with their head turned to the side and hear and feel a pulsing sound? Or have you ever had on pants that were too tight in the waist and when you bend over you feel a pulsing in your head? That's what it feels like. I guess I need to quit worrying about it. I've had lots of tests done on head and neck arteries, etc. I have extreme tightness in back, neck and shoulder muscles and it seems like I feel it more when I am extra tight and extra anxious. It just worries me because although I have a lot of commom symptoms of anxiety, this one is not common and it appears not many people have it.

HI,

Not sure how old this post is but yes I can tell you first hand that I hear my pulse in my head day in and day out.As a matter of fact its been going on so long it scares me sometimes not to hear it..It seems to get harder after eating but then there are days that I dont hear it as hard.I think it has a lot to do with sinus and etc...The doctors and nurses says its just something that I will have to live with.I also get the head rush thing as well..It doesnt happen very often "the head rush thing" but it does happen so you arent alone..I hope that you don't have it continous like I do ..good luck to you and thought I would let you know that you arent alone..

Yes I get pulsating in my head when I stand up sometimes or change position and I can hear it. I have a terrible fear of having high blood pressure and what it might lead to, so when anyone on here says 'it could be your blood pressure' in answer to someone else's question (when they have felt like I have felt) my anxiety goes sky high! I have had it taken every 6 months or so and it is always borderline-ish but does not warrant medication for it apparently. I'm sorry I don't know the reason for the pulsating - with me everything became hypersensitive when I came off Limbitrol in the 1980's and remained that way. I will be interested to see other comments on this post. We will survive! Brandy Snap

hi its funny this subject has came up, for the last year i have been getting up in the morning (it happened today aswell) when i go to breathe in i get like i cant take enough of a breath in with out it being sore and i get a rush of blood to my head. i always put it down to smoking, Do you smoke?

I don't smoke, never have. It must be a blood pressure thing, whenever I take mine at home it is always good usually like 110/72 or something like that. I think a lot of mine might be because of tight neck and back muscles. Maybe a combination of that and anxiety. I seem to notice it a lot when I get out of my car and walk into a store. Maybe in my subconscious I have anxiety because I have felt weird in stores before. A couple of weeks ago I was having the pulsing a lot when I would go from sitting to standing. My husband and I took my teenage son and two cousins to the zoo. I was really worried about how I could manage walking around the zoo. When I got out of the car and walked to the entrance I had the pulsing and I felt so "off" in the head. It's hard to explain. I wasn't really dizzy I just felt weird when I would walk and move my head around. I just wanted to go back to the car. I thought "I'm NEVER gonna make it". I am really good at faking it and no one new how bad I felt. Anyway, we went in a place to eat. It was very crowded and the lines were long. I felt so BAD in my head , it was hard for me to walk around. When we sat down to eat I still felt so bad, just felt like I needed to lie down. I had put a xanax in my pocket, just in case. I rarely take them. I took it and by the time we were through eating, I felt SO MUCH better. I was actually able to walk around the zoo for hours and felt almost normal. Can anyone relate?

I have the same thing but its not in my head but in my neck. Thats why i came in here.. If i tilt my head down, or yawn, cough etc, I get a pulsating, throbbing pain in my neck. Im worried about it anyone get this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information