Thread: how does Zoloft make you feel?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

how does Zoloft make you feel?

I did a search here on the forum for Zoloft and found many opinions here on the board but noone relaly described exactly how it makes you feel like does it make you feel detached emotionless calm morry free happy? I am not just wanting to know wether it worked or didnt but more how exactly it makes you feel?

Thanks

Ardyce

Re: how does Zoloft make you feel?

(bump)

I'd appreciate an answer to this too... would I feel disconnected, or just normal and at ease? Does it limit your emotions so you feel more like a casual observer of your own life?

The way I see it, the anx symptoms I suffer from bodily are the normal and natural responses to what I'm thinking. I'm not sure it makes sense to interfere with that - I'd rather fix my thinking somehow. I'm very confused about whether to risk taking these things, given the scary stories on here.

When an anti depressant works you just feel normal. Not high or low just normal. Its just when they dont work the trouble begins and no-one can predict that. but millions world wide are on them

Love Joy

well i have tried the Sertraline route and like my post said its HELL for me,saying that everyone reacts differntly to it and yes my system up until i stopped them was still getting used to the meds,but because my side effects were so bad i had to stop.Im gonna go down the therapy route instead of relying on meds.Never again will i take an AD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ardyce View Post
    I did a search here on the forum for Zoloft and found many opinions here on the board but noone relaly described exactly how it makes you feel like does it make you feel detached emotionless calm morry free happy? I am not just wanting to know wether it worked or didnt but more how exactly it makes you feel?

Thanks

Ardyce

It varies from person to person and I'm not sure about others. I don't think it's been good for me though.

It's made me very tired and kind of emotionally detached. I can't remember the last time I was able to cry, or really have a good laugh about something. One of the major concerns with zoloft is that it can cause anxiety as well as help manage it. I've been taking it for the better part of the last ten years, went off a couple times, always ended up back on it.

It's also given me issues with insomnia, harder to sleep and such - but the other medication I take, xanax, helps with that. It's probably a combination of the two that has me so numb and so often depressed, even apathetic. I feel kind of like I'm going through life with my eyes half closed, half awake, not really alive.

For others, it probably helps a great deal. For me - I'm not entirely sure what good it's done for me, if any. I've really grown to hate psychiatric meds, so I'm kind of biased due to my own experiences.

If you're considering it as an option, make sure you do your research first. I'd suggest neutral sources as well as Physicians and pharmacists.

Hey guys,

I'm a 27 year old guy from the uk, I suffered with anxiety a long time as a kid but didnt really understand, last year I finally got some help I went to see a psycologist, I explained all my problems I use to be really really overly sensative, down alot, cry alot and worry about erelevant things. The dr said to me im glad you'v come to me, prescribed me Sertraline 50mgs and I was scared of taking them at first, I was sucha worryer I broke my first 50mg tablet ina quarter cos I was scared sumfin would happen. I upped and upped it till I was on 100mg, and no lie after saya month I started taking part in sports my emotions were just leveled to a normal state, I'm still me, I just can think more logical and less negativly, I can sleep better and think better and once you get in to that flow things pick up. I would definatly recomend sertraline if you are depressed or anxious. It did take a month to work though and you feel a lil worse during that time on and off but then you pick up. I can still go to pub get drunk, I can do anything any one else can do, the psycologist explained it as, (i diabetic needs insulin) and someone with anxiety and depression needs sertaline cos we dont have enough. Hope that helped guys.

Hi All...
    For me personally, I am SOooooo Happy that I continued to take my zoloft after having a few bad side affects when first starting. I stuck with it thanks to my doctors advice.
    the panic attacks and increased anxiety are gone 99.9%
    For that I am grateful and happy!
    I'd say im pretty much in a much calmer mood, I dont over react to things and I am actually enjoying my life. TG!

Thread Information