Thread: Venlafaxine and Mirtazapine anyone?

Venlafaxine and Mirtazapine anyone?

Started venlafaxine today. Added to my mirtazapine which iv taken for years as I'm suffering with terrible derealization. Wanting to hear some positive thoughts. Thankyou x

Re: Venlafaxine and Mirtazapine anyone?

Just started 15mg of mirtzapam been on venlafaxine only 30 days

Hi there, I haven't posted for a while but thought now is a good time to start posting again, especially as I'm on same combination as you and on my journey to recovery. So I started on venlafaxine and mirtazipine and when I looked online it does seem to be a great combination that was discovered fairly recently. I had crippling anxiety, depression and derealisation, and couldn't sleep, eat and was so desperate. Was signed off work - my job is v stressful and GP signed me off. I was also on a different SSRI for years that clearly wasn't working so they tapered me off the SSRI and onto the ven/ mirt combination. I found that what helps most is to eat a bit of breakfast before the venlafaxine (as I felt sick if i took it on an empty stomach). And at night I take the mirtazipine. I also started to do gentle exercise for a short while if I felt strong enough, and soon enough was able to go for long walks without fear of panic. I will be honest in saying that my ven/mirt doses had to be tinkered with a couple of times - everyone has different combinations that work for them. I had ups and downs but for the past few weeks I've felt consistently better. Also, and this is really a bore, I haven't drunk alcohol. I had a few beers a few weeks ago and the next day felt v v low. I'll have sociable drinks in the future when I'm totally sure I'm stable. I used to drink booze every day (before ven/mirt) and so this is a big change for me. Stick with the venlafaxine and mirtazipine because i reckon it will be worth it - it just takes a little while before you feel the benefits consistently. Hope this helps

What are your doses ? And how lon have you been on them?

Hiya, it's been nearly 2 months now, venlafaxine was increased gradually from 75mg to 150 then 225 which seems to be the right amount for me, but everyone's different... seems to run in my family, my mum's been on 150mg for 12 years and that works for her... I also had mirtazipine increased from 15 to 30 and finally 45mg. It's a fairly high dose but I had chronic insomnia and it took some beating... Also taking loads of vitamins and omega 3 so that helps too i reckon. How about you, how's your ven/mirt combination going?

Thread Information