Thread: IBS and right rib pain

IBS and right rib pain

Hi have recently been diagnosed with IBS and just when I thought I had a grip on the symptoms, I now have right rib pain.
    Is this a common symptom with IBS I am worried that it is not and is something else starting up.
    I can't check with GP as two weeks till my next appointment and my husband said that he has not heard or pain being under right rib with IBS and it is more left sided pain.
    Thanks

Re: IBS and right rib pain

Yes! I have this it's like I have a ball or something wedged in my right rib.. I also have lower right side pain.

Lx

yes very normal with ibs...
    i get it (got it at the moment)... and may other pains but it is all ibs related.
    rach
    x

I've recently started getting that - it feels like there is something lodged under the bottom of your rib cage. I'm used to crampy feelings and nausea (nearly all my physical anxiety symptoms revolve around my stomach) but this was new on me :/

I hear that due to the sometimes gaseous nature of IBS you can get pain in the lower/mid part of the ribs due to gas getting trapped there. I'd been getting the same thing and asked my GP about it today and that's pretty much what he said especially if it's a shooting pain.

Though I'd been getting sharp pains and didn't want to be like "what if it's liver disease?"

Hi.

Ive just posted on the health anxiety section.. apologies I probably put it in the wrong area!

I get rib pain too, it feels like a stitch in my ribs.

I feel slightly more relieved as it does sound like we are in the same boat with our IBS worries. I get a lot of wind too :/

FR x

hi yes i also get pain in my right rib area i think its tension im holding in that area.

Did u discover what this was?

Sounds just like the pains I get. I always seem to get in under my right rib and getting a 'burning' feeling there too. That is what convinces me that I don't have GERD/GORD as I would feel that on the left. I believe it is just the wind getting stuck there. I have had pretty much all the tests that one can think off for gastric problems (well maybe not! ) but they couldn't find anything. Just typical IBS I believe

Omg I am so glad I looked in this section! I too posted on the health anxiety section. That is exactly what I have been so worried about, it is like a stitch /ball under my ribs on the right! Been do doctors and she said try yakhult. I have been so worried though as it is a strange feeling. I have ibs too but didn't realise that could be a symptom of that!

Thread Information