Thread: lump in throat

lump in throat

I have a lump in my throat, i have had it for about 6 weeks and its really worrying me, for about 30 seconds, when i wake up in the morning it feels like its gone, but then it comes back, when i swallow, it feels like its interfeering with what im swallowing, but it doesnt hurt, its the worst when im most active, it just feels like theres just a frog in my throat, but it isnt, its just very annoying and im a bit worried, i have been told many things, such as its caused by anxiety, it will just go away, i have a problem with my glands, but i just want to find a cure.
    Please Help!
    Robyn.

Re: lump in throat

I've had this for a couple of days now. Its doing my head in. It feels like theres a big ball of mucus in my throat that wont shift no matter what I do. I keep wanting hot drinks ect because of it. And mine ALSO goes when I wake up.... then i cough and kit comes back xx

Maybe you ate something that grazed your throat slightly? This can make you feel like something is stuck there. Also, it could be anxiety causing that thing, whats it called..something like global hysteria where your strees causes alot of mucus to build up and feels like a lump.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

just ate pasta.... and now i have that feeling again :( GAH x x

I have had this lump in the throat feeling and the dr suggested it could be acid further down and started me on some Lanzoprazole, it definitely gets worse with stress though as more acid is being produced as a result.

I also have this problem all the time, it feels like there is something stuck in my throat, and I'm forever trying to cough it up, is this a sympton of anxiety, also when I eat I feel like I'm going to choke..can anyone help me with this??

OOH THIS IS DOING MY HEAD IN RIGHT NOW TOO, LOL.

For the past few days I have had that 'some food stuck in my tonsils' feeling. I've been glugging water by the gallon, coughing, and examining my throat and can see one swollen left tonsil that looks a bit dodgy but I have no symptoms apart from the tickly throat.

SO ANNOYING.

Thread Information