Thread: How can it be a bug/flu/virus etc 5 weeks on......

How can it be a bug/flu/virus etc 5 weeks on......

Hi, done a few posts on here about how ill ive felt lately, fluey, weak, achey, tired, sicky, just poorly! Just to re-cap... after two weeks of feeling this way i saw doctor who said probably summer flu and body would take time to recover. If not better in another 2 weeks go for blood test, which i have. Results next week. But how can it be summer flu/virus/bug etc? Its been nearly 5 weeks now and no improvement.

How can this be a bug/flu viral thing if i am still feeling so ill. some days i think its going, but then it just returns. I feel like i have a bug or a virus, just that awful feeling when you are coming down with something etc.

Yesterday i felt 50 percent better but today again, i hurt all over, my skin feels sensitive and sore and even hurts to touch. Im really getting worried now, im scared it could be serious.

Sorry to anyone who has read my other posts and is getting a bit bored now, but i just needed to vent!

COULD THIS BE ANXIETY? I have noticed at times when i am busy, the majority of the symptoms ease or totally go away.??

Sarah x

Re: How can it be a bug/flu/virus etc 5 weeks on......

Maybe you had a virus and now you have post viral symptoms. Some bugs can leave you weak and feel like they are returning for weeks.

Or it could be anxiety which really does seem to burn everything out and cause fatigue

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

thanks typer, suppose i may know more when my blood results come back next week.
    thankyou for replying
    sarah x

I caught a virus after having a baby last year and felt ill months later. To be honest I have never been right since. The virus attacked my thyroid and left me with hypothyroidism and I believe its actually what triggered my anxiety disorder as I had never suffered with anxiety until then.
    My doctors kept putting it all down to me having a baby and then anxiety but I think I had and maybe still have post viral fatigue syndrome. It is difficult to tell as it can produce many of the same symptoms as anxiety.

Hope your tests come back ok x

Seren

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity View Post
    I caught a virus after having a baby last year and felt ill months later. To be honest I have never been right since. The virus attacked my thyroid and left me with hypothyroidism and I believe its actually what triggered my anxiety disorder as I had never suffered with anxiety until then.
    My doctors kept putting it all down to me having a baby and then anxiety but I think I had and maybe still have post viral fatigue syndrome. It is difficult to tell as it can produce many of the same symptoms as anxiety.

Hope your tests come back ok x

Seren

Is that a type of ME or something then? I read somewhere that someone cured this taking bee pollen

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

thanks seren, me too. Sorry you have been feeling so rough.

Typer, i have cfs/m.e and its under same umbrella as pvfs. If my results come back ok i would say that these symptoms i have will be put down to me having this.

A few years back i tried the bee pollen but unfortunately no positive results happened.

sarah x

Thread Information