Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried About Blood Clot in my Leg?

Re: Worried About Blood Clot in my Leg?

I don't know whether it's the Propranolol or not, but I feel so out of it, like spaced out or disconnected from everything? It's like being vertigo-disconnected/spaced out is the best way of describing this? I'm on 80mg. Anyway, yeah, still having snapping sensations in some parts of my body, my right side of my neck seemingly. What would cause this?

Look, I've been worrying about a lot, I'm starting to have really bad thoughts again. Like blood cancer and other cancers.

The rash on my neck hasn't gone, it is itchy. I still get a little weak legged, weak arm, I also, not sure if it's due to the weather being warmer, but I feel a bit sicky, sometimes just crampy in my stomach. It doesn't happen often now, just past couple days.

What is it? Any advice would be helpful?

I tried, I really tried today. My whole back felt like it was unbalanced, I felt tight and seized up in my back, it is so frightening because I don't know what is causing this. I was only walking my dog, and my back got worse and worse. It's not painful, just feels like a pressure making me feel unbalanced and panicky. My shoulders feel tense, back of my thighs feel tight, weak and are tingling, legs just feel so wobbly or rubbery.

I'm exhausted and scared about this. My cervical spine perhaps? Something with my spine? A nerve? disk? Something else?

Yes, anxiety!

Hi,Mischamoonlight!

Have you had any therapy for your anxiety, or tried taking an antidepressant? It might really help you with your health anxiety.

When's the last time you've had your blood checked for your thyroid levels? I think you said you have hypothyroidism? If it's been a few months since it's been checked, I'd be tempted to have that done. Sometimes, if the dosage is too high for hypothyroidism medication it can cause increased anxiety.

When my mind starts going in loops and my anxiety kicks in, I find it helpful to go for really long walks. I do really poorly when I don't leave my house much. I'm naturally introverted and a real homebody, so that means I sometimes have to push myself to get and go for a walk, to the store, etc. I'm not sure what your job situation is, but if you work from home or are unemployed, maybe you could consider doing some very part time volunteer work just to get you out of the house a bit, and your mind occupied. An animal shelter, perhaps a senior citizen center or nursing home would be good places to look for volunteer work. I also find reading a good way to distract my mind when it starts overanalyzing things.

Quote Originally Posted by NervousKel View Post
    Hi,Mischamoonlight!

Have you had any therapy for your anxiety, or tried taking an antidepressant? It might really help you with your health anxiety.

When's the last time you've had your blood checked for your thyroid levels? I think you said you have hypothyroidism? If it's been a few months since it's been checked, I'd be tempted to have that done. Sometimes, if the dosage is too high for hypothyroidism medication it can cause increased anxiety.

When my mind starts going in loops and my anxiety kicks in, I find it helpful to go for really long walks. I do really poorly when I don't leave my house much. I'm naturally introverted and a real homebody, so that means I sometimes have to push myself to get and go for a walk, to the store, etc. I'm not sure what your job situation is, but if you work from home or are unemployed, maybe you could consider doing some very part time volunteer work just to get you out of the house a bit, and your mind occupied. An animal shelter, perhaps a senior citizen center or nursing home would be good places to look for volunteer work. I also find reading a good way to distract my mind when it starts overanalyzing things.
    Hi, yeah, I had my bloods done for my thyroid on 24th April, they were normal. I'm currently on Propranolol 80mg since Friday. At the moment, because of my back, and making my legs feel like rubber, the most I can do is walk my dogs, but when I do, I start getting spasms in my lower back/hips, and then my legs feel weak or wobbly. It's also my upper back, in the shoulder blades and shoulders, they feel like their tight, clicking and popping, then I get pinching pains in my arms too, and tingling burning sensation in my thighs. So it's very distressful and it's stopping me from going out now, because I'm frightened, even to the shops, which was fine for me normally.

I'm going the doctor tomorrow, I know their going to hate me because I was there Friday (twice last week), but their has been things going on.

Today, whether due to the heat, I got slight diarrhea/very loose stools that smelled, even though I'm drinking loads of water, still getting loud gurgling noises in my stomach. I'm also bursting out crying, not all the time, but when I get built up. Like right now, laying in bed on my left side, I can feel the bottom of my back feel warm and tender, like a deep aching, and in my hips too, like the sides in the buttocks.

Only thing that my mind goes to first is, some sort of cancer, like spinal, bone, blood etc. Or something equally as terrifying. Thanks for replying, it really is nice to hear from others, even though my head finds it hard to focus on much at the moment.

I'm having a really bad night with my thoughts. I keep worrying about what's wrong with me, and thinking of terrifying things like cancers, spinal, blood, etc etc. I feel like I'm losing my mind. This back thing.[COLOR="blue"]
    Last edited by mischamoonlight; 24-05-18 at 13:16.

Re: Pale Yellow Blotches On Arms? What Are They? & Slow Heart Beat?

Update: seen my doctor today, explained about my leg weakness, feeling heavy, aches and pains from it, the feeling in my arm and shoulders too. He took my blood pressure which was 140/90, and physically examined my legs.

I though because of my worries of all that stuff I'd explained, and explained to him as well that I was scared it was one of those things, that he may offer a MRI or some sort of scan, full blood count, but he didn't. I said about my cancer fears and the fear of my back pain and aches and pains being those fears, and he said no, it's not.

He said about starting anti-depressant, and to give the beta blockers another couple of weeks to settle into my system before going down to a lower dose. Anyway, I'm just upset by this and everything, like today, my stomach has been hurting, sharp pains in my upper left stomach, and loud loud gurgling noises as well.

I'm feeling very low right now, everything feels out of focus, surreal, I am disconnected and living in constant fear. I don't know what to do anymore?

I don't know.

Update: seen my doctor today, explained about my leg weakness, feeling heavy, aches and pains from it, the feeling in my arm and shoulders too. He took my blood pressure which was 140/90, and physically examined my legs.

I though because of my worries of all that stuff I'd explained, and explained to him as well that I was scared it was one of those things, that he may offer a MRI or some sort of scan, full blood count, but he didn't. I said about my cancer fears and the fear of my back pain and aches and pains being those fears, and he said no, it's not.

He said about starting anti-depressant, and to give the beta blockers another couple of weeks to settle into my system before going down to a lower dose. Anyway, I'm just upset by this and everything, like today, my stomach has been hurting, sharp pains in my upper left stomach, and loud loud gurgling noises as well.

I'm feeling very low right now, everything feels out of focus, surreal, I am disconnected and living in constant fear. I don't know what to do anymore?

I don't know.

I've been having some stomach pains lately, mainly in my upper abdomen, not all the time, and day before yesterday I had diarrhea, then yesterday it was slightly back to solid but not much. This morning, I weighed myself and was down a couple pounds from last week, I haven't been trying to loose weight, which is starting to concern me, as I will immediately start to worry about cancers and stuff.

I don't know, I can't relax anymore, I'm always afraid.

Mischa,
    Your stomach/digestive system works hand in hand with your mental state. The stomach is called your second brain. My GI system is the first place I start feeling my high anxiety. Then, it takes weeks to get back to normal. Diarrhea, gurging stomach, appetite loss, weight loss, the whole 9 yards. You need to relax and let your systems heal. The only way to do this is to take care of your anxiety with therapy, meds, whatever you need. I have my hiccups, but overall I am trying to focus on letting the doctors worry about my health. I have been thoroughly checked and it sounds like you have too. You need to let you mind and body heal.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information