Thread: really worried,chest pains getting worse.

really worried,chest pains getting worse.

Hi,im in a mess as its now been over 3 weeks since ive had chest pains,im getting them everyday and more and more often,sometimes its a shooting pain when my heart beats or its a longer lasting pain,either dull or pin prick feeling,its across my upper chest/under my arm and around my back,ive a 6/7 ecgs all ok and bloods done twice again they were ok...im so so worried im going to drop dead..ive been to A&E alot over the past 3 weeks that i feel i cannot go back,ive tried to see my gp but the appts are gone so quick each morning..has anyone ever had anything like this?

Re: really worried,chest pains getting worse.

are you sure there not caused by tension and your not holding your self tense? could you try a warm bath or a heat bag where the pain. i had pain as i was holding my self so tense the doctor gave me amatripalyne to relax my muslces and it just went im alot clamer x

i dont feel im holding myself in...ive a wheatbag that im actually using just now..its doesnt really help plus its the sore heart beats thats worrying me.x

I get this too Sandy and have done for years.
    I used to think that it was associated with my periods but it seems almost constant now.
    I did have an ecg years ago and all was ok so im sure its just muscular. My doc suggested that its probably costochondritis and he is probably right.
    The pain shoots over my left chest and under my arm, it can be very painful, sometimes it feels like somebody is sticking pins in me and other times it just aches.
    The more tense i am the more i get it, a hot water bottle help to ease it and relax me.
    I wouldn't think its your heart, the pain wouldn't be so obvious and they would of done more tests on you if they were at all concerned.

Hi Baileys,ive read about costochondritis but it wouldnt cause my painful heart beats,or can it? Do you ever get a break from the pain? my upper chest sometimes feels its sunburnt or im getting a chest infection but ive been sounded and they havent said anything so it must sound clear.Like i keep saying im really worried its serious.

I do get breaks from it, its not hurting now,( probably because im on the wine!!!!) but it aches most of the time then i suddenly get the shooting pain.
    I don't feel my heart beating so i cant say if it hurts with a heart beat. I ignore it, i never think its my heart that is the problem. You would be amazed how muscular pain in the chest can feel so much like its coming from the heart. The heart is a muscle too remember and it doesn't take a lot to strain it.
    My son has had chest pain lately, we've now realise that its due to the bull worker that i brought him for his birthday, he is using chest muscles that he doesn't use often.
    They really would investigate further if they were concerned that it was due to your heart.

You will be holding your self tense with out knowing as your worked up and worried which causes inflammation in the cartalidge between your ribs

Thread Information