Hi.

Recently I had a period where i should have taken my inhaler, but I didn’t and the symptoms stuck in my head and I got massive hyperawareness of my breathing, it took me almost a month to work out what was normal and what wasn’t, inhalers made me feel like I could breathe too much and other times I felt I couldn’t breathe at all - anyway. I knew it was all in my head after some tests and carried on.

There is one thing that started about a week ago that is real though, and I’m not sure what it is.

In the morning when I wake up, if I take a moderately deep breath in I have a sensation like popping or vibrating in my chest. It is very strangely situated in my sternum and at the very lower part of my left Ribcage at the bottom. These are both places where my lungs are not situated, which is baffling me. Anyway, this can happen multiple times in the morning, but only if I fall back asleep again. It will not do it if I am awake or at any other points in the day. I read somewhere this could be down to me not getting enough air in my lungs when sleeping and then the alveoli popping back open when I wake up? Has anyone had anything similar to this? I don’t think it’s in my head, I notice it before the anxiety part of the brain has time to kick in!