Thread: Can lymph node swell up if you pull a muscle?

Can lymph node swell up if you pull a muscle?

I’ve been doing chiropractor excercise on a foam roller for my shoulder/neck/breast pain (I have chronic bad posture).

2 days ago I started feeling some pain in one area between the underarm and left breast. If I put my left arm next to my side, I can feel a lymph node in that area, typical bead feel and movable. If I put my left arm up like when I do breast self exam, I don’t feel anything. It’s like the lymph node moves with my left arm. This causes my anxiety to flame up.

I saw the chiropractor again today. He felt that area and first thing he said was this felt like an inflamed muscle because I did too much with the exercise and might have pulled it. That I shall trust him because he feels a lot of nodes and muscles.

He said take a break and don’t touch it. Come back next week and if still sore, he will send me for ultrasound to see what’s going on.

Okay I would have felt better if he didn’t mention coming back and the ultrasound part. Argh, I will also have my mammogram on Tuesday too. This drives my worry through the roof. I just have some questions:

1. Can you feel lymph nodes between underarm and breast? I’m not thin
    2. Let say I pulled a muscle there, can a node swell up due to inflamed/sore muscle?

I’m 39 and I just had complete blood tests and breast exam by doctor 3 months ago. My fears are lymphoma and breast cancer

Thanks all

Re: Can lymph node swell up if you pull a muscle?

Quote Originally Posted by nhelen79 View Post
    I’ve been doing chiropractor excercise on a foam roller for my shoulder/neck/breast pain (I have chronic bad posture).

2 days ago I started feeling some pain in one area between the underarm and left breast. If I put my left arm next to my side, I can feel a lymph node in that area, typical bead feel and movable. If I put my left arm up like when I do breast self exam, I don’t feel anything. It’s like the lymph node moves with my left arm. This causes my anxiety to flame up.

I saw the chiropractor again today. He felt that area and first thing he said was this felt like an inflamed muscle because I did too much with the exercise and might have pulled it. That I shall trust him because he feels a lot of nodes and muscles.

He said take a break and don’t touch it. Come back next week and if still sore, he will send me for ultrasound to see what’s going on.

Okay I would have felt better if he didn’t mention coming back and the ultrasound part. Argh, I will also have my mammogram on Tuesday too. This drives my worry through the roof. I just have some questions:

1. Can you feel lymph nodes between underarm and breast? I’m not thin
    2. Let say I pulled a muscle there, can a node swell up due to inflamed/sore muscle?

I’m 39 and I just had complete blood tests and breast exam by doctor 3 months ago. My fears are lymphoma and breast cancer

Thanks all
    Yes, inflammation and raised lymph nodes go arm in arm.

Margaret Thatcher

Thread Information