Thread: Vivid Health Related Dreams

Vivid Health Related Dreams

Does anyone else get these??? I know most people don't remember their dreams so they wouldn't know but I have always been able to remember my dreams in detail and so wish I didn't.

This is not something new as I have done it for many many years but i will dream that I have cancer in a part of my body or that I am giving birth - I wake up in a real panic.

I was fine about these dreams just thinking how weird your mind is until a few years ago I read that if you dream about a part of your body or illness then it can be your body telling you something or that if you dream of birth midwives it means you will have a life threatening illness!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I try to tell myself that I have had these dreams occasionally for past 15 yrs at least but had one last night and they always freak me

Re: Vivid Health Related Dreams

Yes i always get these dreams and i too always think its a way of telling me something is wrong. I end up thinking about it all the next day and worrying

Mabelina xx

I think it is more likely to be because we are constantly orrying about our health etc and stressed that we dream this stuff. I have been realyl bad with my HA recently and I dream a few nights ago that I was ice skating in my old primary school yard..(where did the ice come from!? ) and my finger got cut off..needless to say it was rather gory and awful and I remember being i a black hackney taxi on way to hopistal holding my fingerless finger..is that makes sense and I actually woke up feeking an awful warm sickly throbbing pulating feeling in my finger,Make me ill thinking about it..but I think it was brought on by worrying! I used tot hink dreams meant something but after the most random dreams I have had,I beg to differ now xxxx

Good Lord..my typing is awful in that post! I hope it makes sense!

yeah maybe for normal people it's their body's way of sending a message but with US (no offense) weirdos - it is just a buildup of the days or weeks' thoughts and concerns and obsessions. i have these dreams occasionally and i wake up all sweaty. or dreams about bad things happening. it's a reflection of my anxiety. i usually just get up and do something distracting and forget about it.
    I pack my trunk, embrace my friends, embark on the sea, and at last wake up in Naples, and there beside me is the Stern Fact, the Sad Self, unrelenting, identical, that I fled from. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Your dreams are just your subconscious mind coming out with all sorts of things that may or may not make sense.

during the last week of fairly severe anxiety (wah) I've had dreams about:

being on a plane that's crashing x 2 (yes I do have a phobia about that)
    dying x 3 or so
    bad health x 'more than I care to remember'
    and loads of other crazy stuff I already forgot about.

I was wondering actually if I was the only one who had these crazy vivid dreams but I guess not!! Sometimes they take a while to get over, they can be that vivid!

I think the only thing its a sign of is that your anxiety levels are off the scale

I agree with Moore...it is just your subconscious trying to tell you to relax that you are worrying too much and nothing more. If all my dreams that I have had came true...I'd be divorced from my husband twice now...dead from car accidents many times, and had HIV. None of that has come to pass.

Good luck and relax!

my dreams come after the worrying starts. i will have dreams that i get horrible test results back..its very scary, but at least i get to wake up and be relieved that it was just a dream.

Thanks everyone its nice to know I am not alone in my remembering dreams as everyone else I know says they never remember their dreams - oh I wish!

Thread Information