Thread: Skipped Beats AGAIN!!!

Skipped Beats AGAIN!!!

Having posted a few messages about my problems with skipped heartbeats and having sought others' opinions and help, I feel embarrassed bringing this issue up again. So I'll cut to the chase.

I only tend to notice skipped beats when I'm tired or have exercised. For example, I had a bad night's sleep on Saturday night and was playing football with my son on and off all yesterday afternoon. Driving home in the evening I noticed quite a lot of skipped beats and my pulse rate was up. I had the same after gardening for a couple of hours a while back.

Should I be worried?

Its probably the result of the adrenaline of the exercise settling down.

Adrenaline alters the heart rate and is responsible for many missed beats.
    You secrete more adrenaline when you exercise and thus as it settles, it can set some off.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi Alan, I hope that the skipped beats settle down soon and you start to feel better.
    Do you do any relaxation and breathing exercises?

No, I don't do any such exercises. I reckon I trigger these episodes and become generally anxious when I overdo it. If I get a good night's sleep and don't eat or drink too much I'm fine the next day.

Booze and heavy meals seem to be the main culprits.

Moast of the skipped beats I experience are a result of heavy meals just sitting in my stomach waiting to be digested. Also, lately, light meals too soon to exercise have begun to set me off as well. I'm starting to find out that it's not safe for me to eat less than an hour-and-a-half before I do any type of exercise. Hope this helps.

Hi Alan

I used to get my skipped beats all the time but now they are not so bad i have had them for 4yrs now. The more you worry about them the worse they are.

take care
    linda x

Re: Skipped Beats AGAIN!!!

. hy everyone .just spent a few hours reading your posts. didnt know so many people had the same problem. i had a feeling in my chest started just3 monthes ago . 5 or 6 times a day , feels like a finger presing the inside of my chest verry lite, for a second . followed by a thump.( no pain ,) , was suposed to go for a treadmill test but forgot the appointment. ha. my doc sayes it is caused by my stomach ,something opening that shouldent and causing my missed heart beat, the thump is the heart starting again. iff i check my pulse for long enough i can feel the missed beat.i do seem to get it more after eating . just thaught i would mention this as everyone on here seems to be talking about a heart problem as the cause of the missed beats. am due back at the docs when i can get in . is allwayes full, been 4 times lately , turned and walked away . not standing for 2 hours. will keep you posted of any developments, hope you all get well soon.

Thread Information