Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unusual Chest sensation

Re: Unusual Chest sensation

has anyone ever had a slpit second chest pain in the middle of the chest..well..left middle...like a sharp pain/flutter.

Yeah quite alot! Also get sharp pains center left of my chest, what feels like bubbles in my chest ( usually right side), very tight chest and pain in all areas of my chest! Been to docs and A&E with it, usually answer from them - it anxiety!!! Usual response has beem equal portions of relief and frustration, still for your own piece of mind talk to your Doc about it. I dont know about you guys but these chest sensations are without doubt the WORST syptoms of anxiety and panic attacks!!!!

Jin

Jim

yep, been to A&E and docs too..they all said my heart is fine and its anxiety!!! its hard to accept tht when you truly feel something serious is going on...But we have to try.

Hello all,

I have been having these ectopics for last 3 hours on and off and they have unnerved me a bit.Chest tightens and tingling starts in fingers and lower left writst and occasional upper arm muscle (Have had these electric shocks/jolts on and off for a number of years)So took my blood pressure and pulse this morning. At its worst it went to 190/103 and pulse 116. Rested and tried to stay calm and has settled back to around 140/80and BP 70. I can appreciate how worrying these ectopics are as i have also been told not to worry and that my heart is all clear (Angiogram) I have to believe it is Anxiety which is the route the medics are now following.
    This is not easy as i had my heart attack 3 years ago (Resussed) to the day followed 9 months later by a Quad bypass.
    I do agree that these symptoms are the worst linked to Panic attack and anxiety. I am undergoing some CBT now and have been put on a mild dose of Amitrptyline (10mg) . One of the listed side effect ...high blood pressuer and fast racing heart and palpitations!!!?? It seems a never ending circle

Hi

I get these jolts of adrenaline too. It's like your heart skips a beat. They come out of the blue and take your breath away for a split second. They only come on now and again and for no apparent reason. They're not like palpatations as it's only one of them so I wouldn't really know what to call them. Sometimes I get them when I'm just about to fall off to sleep which is really horrible. I just try to ignore them now. I hope that knowing there's a few of us on here who suffer from them makes you feel better.

Take Care. x

Hi Joda,

it is bettet knowing others have them but I really wish I could put a name to them! Told my Dr but he just looked at me like a dog who had been shown a card trick, nothing no response. Fact that he never seemed concerned makes me feel better. Am seeing a Cardiolgist in January and I wont leave his office till I know what it is!! Will post the answer on this forum. Small steps......!!!

Jim

Thay really are horrible I hate them anytime but they are without doubt at there worst when fallin asleep!

yeah, they seem to be worse in bed at night. i can go all day without having any and then bam!! back to square one.

wonder what they are, might have to consult the dreaded Dr Google. Am resisting but it's getting harder......

Just had another one, no anxiety just sat watching TV and felt as though something "fell, dropped, skipped" inside my chest right in the center, totally terrified now I HATE THIS, feel so lost with them no idea what theu are, they dont happen often but they freak me out much, terrified what the Cardiologist is going to tell me but feel like my life is on hold till I know what they are!!!!!!!! Sorry for a downer post just at my wits end right now, laid in bed fretting and should be up and out enjoying the run up to christmas.
    Any one know what they are???!!!

Jim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information