Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stomach aches

Stomach aches

Hi everyone,
    am feeling quite anxious again at the moment, mainly health worries. Does anyone else get strange tummy aches? Mine seem to be under my ribs and around the right side. Am obsessed with thinking it's my liver! Have never been up on human anatomy but thought that this was where your liver is. My posture is terrible and therefore get back ache, my partner thinks its more likely to be muscle related but don't feel reassured by this. Surely if it were my liver then i would have yellow eyes and skin? Maybe its just bloatedness/ indigestion, I get really bad heart burn. I have been feeling quite headachy too recently but not sure if this is anxiety due to liver worry. Can anyone reassure please. KT x

Be gentle and you will need no strength, be patient and you will achieve all things.

Hi Kt

He is probably right it will be muscle strain and plenty of people get stomach aches with their anxiety. Like you say if it was your liver you would have other side affects. Why dont you get yourself checked by the doctor so she/he can assure you that your are perfectly healthy.

I suffer from terrible heartburn especially when i am anxious and feel like i cant swallow.

It is the physical side affects of anxiety, so please try not to worry hon.

Take care.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

Hi Kt

The pains you describe are symptoms of anxiety, it's because your chest muscles are tense and tight, I get it on both sides of my rib cage, thinking at the beginning that I had liver and pancreas problems.
    The heada ches are also symptoms of anxiety and the backache due to the way we hold ourselves taut.
    Try not to worry, although I know it's easier said than done as Iv'e been there.
    Take care mate

Elaine x

Hi KT,

A few things to consider before we simply put it down to another anxiety issue.

If your posture is a crumpled up one get yourself outside and go for a good walk - lots of swinging of arms and start and finish with big stretch ups and out.

Diet is another one - if you're having a medium to high fat diet this can cause these types of pain as not only is your liver here but also your gall bladder which is very sensitive to fat intake and can make gall stones which give this type of pain.
    Are you drinking enough pure water ?? 2 litres a day is needed to help detox yourself on an ongoing basis.

Fat, fair (skinned) and forty are more prone to gall bladder and gall stones issues.

If this could be you - Rosemary Conley diet will help if it is in the early stages.

Meg
    www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
    You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Hi KT, I get that symptom too...really quite distressing isn't it. For me, Its like something's digging in under the ribs and I wander when it's gonna stop.... It feels like its gripping me...sort of tight. I usually deep breath...3 in 4 out saying an affirmation in my head like "I feel good( 3 secs in), calm and relaxed (4 secs out)". Try and distract yourself at the same time. I think its adrenalin contracting the muscles that does it...But try not to think about it, The first time I had it, it escalated the more I thought about it and I had a horrible panic atack and had to take 3 valium...so dont do what I did...Distract yourself...Its just another stupid anxiety symptom. Take care, Dave.

Dave S

If it was your liver, trust me, you'd damn well know about it! Your symptoms would be far more severe and FAR more of them, so try to put it out of your head. I get the same pain too... well, I get pain in my chest/stomach all the time and it really is to do with tension/bad posture. I remember my manager once telling me that whilst lifting weights he strained a muscle in his lower stomach, he said the pain was IMMENSE and he thought he was dying. He felt sick, he could barely move... and it was *just* muscle pain. The body is very complex - it won't just pack up on you.

Re: gall stones - you'd be jaundiced, you'd have other symptoms in addition to pain. Someone I know has just recovered from it - but again, nothing to worry about. He was in hospital for 5 days over the holiday period without a doctor in sight, just waiting, waiting around - and he was never in any serious danger. What I'm saying is, if it is gall stones, don't worry either!

Hi KT. I had so much trouble last year with tummy pains it frightened me to which I think made it much worst. I had so many tests as i am older and it turned out to be IBS It can be triggered by anxiet. But now I have had all the tests and been reasured I dont often get the pains. Anxiety and fear can bring on so many physical symtoms. Vernon

Thankyou all for replying, you are so kind.
    I didn't mention that i feel a bi nauseous too, and have what i can only describe as a buttery taste in my mouth. Could this just be that i have had too much fat in my diet recently? I only ever usually use olive oil products but recently have had bad sugar cravings. Any advice?
    KT x

Be gentle and you will need no strength, be patient and you will achieve all things.

Hi KT,

I would pop along to your GP and explain your symptons and he may run a few blood tests etc that would eliminate much of what you are feeling anxious about.

I pushed for an endoscopy recently after having untold stomach problems for nearly a year. My GP had me on Zoton etc but things were not improving and eventually I insisted something was done. The tests showed I had a gastrointestinal infection helicobacter pylori which after a week or so of lots of tablets has now hopefully gone (test to see takes place in 4 weeks).

The bacteria is quite common and often people are unaware they have it and it can be picked up in a simple blood test. Of course I am in no way suggesting this is what you have but my life has certainly eased and my stomach and chest / indegestion problems have reduced considerably as a result.

Regarding posture etc, this can certainly have a painful impact on your muscular skeletal structure. I have improved my problems with a Tempur pillow (so my neck and spine stay aligned at night during sleep) and regularly relaxing muscles throughout the day in the prone areas such as neck shoulders and across the ribcage.

i get horrendous stomach pains/churning on my bad patches, i havent found anything that helps apart from gentle exercise. I just have to ride it out. I think its very common tho

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information