Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prozac diary

Prozac diary

I am new here. I recently visited my psychiatrist and was diagnosed with depression and anxiety. He prescribed me for prozac. I am a teenager so this was a little shocking to me.

day 1
    I woke up early at 6am and took the medicine at 7am whilst eating my breakfast. I went to school and noticed that I was sweating more than usual. Its not like im anyway not sweaty, but i was weirdly moist. I also felt more anxious. The anxiety might have caused this cause i only took 5mg, but i still felt weird. Has anybody here felt any effects in less than about 2 weeks to give me hope? When do the sideeffects subside?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Prozac diary

Did your psychiatrist call it Prozac? Doctors tend to avoid that name now as fluoxetine is generic and the brand name still has stigma attached to it. Also, 5mg is a very low dose - most GPs and consultants start patients at 20mg - but because of your age, this would usually be lowered to 10mg. It's important to follow doctor's advice, otherwise it could take longer for you to feel better, which is usually around 2-4 weeks, and side effects should have eased a bit by then. When do you next see your psych?

Welcome to NMP and keep us updated

Never Surrender, Comrade

Yes it is called fluoxetine i am in england, so i thought maybe i should call it prozac because its the american way or something lol

I dont know when im seeing him next, but ill post when i do

---------- Post added at 16:05 ---------- Previous post was at 16:01 ----------

day 2

I know the day isn't over yet. But, i tried to go out to get my suit alteres and expirienced incredible crippling anxiety. My body heated up and i could feel moisture from all over my body. So uncomforting I have felt like this before and therefore im confused if it is me or the meds. This is getting me even more anxious because im like "is this me" constantly. Because if it is me, and the meds dont work then that will be "me." Any new expiriences that get me anxious and warm will get me anxious forever. I just feel a little hopeless
    Last edited by Idontknow22; 25-04-15 at 17:47.

day 3

Day at home.. Felt completely normal without huge anxiety attacks

Hey good luck with this.. i am 36 days in.. the side affects have been horrific but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.. the hot moist feeling you talk about.. i experienced it and was so scared.. it should get easier.. fingers crossed and chin up. Anxiety is horrible!

day 4

Nauseous and headaches. Felt really down

---------- Post added at 14:10 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

day 5

Typical day without any humangeos change... Didnt even feel as if i was on meds. The normal anxious me

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

day 6
    I felt horrible at the start of the day with just incredible anxiety and sweating. Later through the day i felt myself come back to my normal self, which still has anxiety

---------- Post added at 14:12 ---------- Previous post was at 14:11 ----------

day 7
    Same as yesterday, but i did notice a lil happiness at the end of my school day. I doubt this was the medication tho, i still had anxiety.

---------- Post added at 14:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

day 8

Disgusting day. No words. I felt god awful the full day. Exploding the whole day with anxiety from every side. It feels like it has become more generalized. I think to myself "is this me or the medicine???" ah i dont knowwww

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

day 9

Same as yesterday, woke up with anxiety and fear of the day ahead.

---------- Post added at 14:16 ---------- Previous post was at 14:14 ----------

@pollynewsome

So is everything good for you now after the 36 days or have they not kicked in completely yet??

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

So how is it going IDK? Keep us posted

Never Surrender, Comrade

Hi starting to settle down a bit but still not 100% doc says can take 9 to 12 weeks.. Still feel anxious at times for no reason at all. Dont get it! but def better than i was. how are you? it all sounds like the side effects of the prozac.. and yes it god damn awful x

day 15

Sorry i know its been a while, i managed going to school prom and i actually had a great time but still anxious at times. I woke up feeling really anxious last couple of days have also just been filled with anxiety and restlessness. Still have that incredibly clammy feeling all over my body. Definitely not any real benefit yet

I think im not gonna do this day by day, every couple of days or if something very unusual happens. No real effect yet tbh, side effects r kinda going away a tad but the same anxious guy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information