Thread: People saying im better ....so why dont i feel it ..help please xx

People saying im better ....so why dont i feel it ..help please xx

Hiya .........another thread by me ..but feeling confused .

those of you who know me know I suffer panic disorder and agoraphobia and anxiety daily ....anxiety at the moment is me .

I have been having counselling ..CBT and have been getting out more ..not as much as I should but Have been going out ,even went out for 2hours last night for a meal ..which is a HUGE step 4 me .....but .....people (not on here I mean outside friends /work colleagues )have been saying Oh im so glad to hear you are better ..or wow bet you are so proud ..BUt I dont feel better and I dont feel proud I just feel I have managed with that situation but still feel anxious and Im glad when Its over ......i feel like a fraud sometimes because I dont know how i feel.....I should be so pleased with the achievements Ive made but I dont ....WHY ?

I just feel like Im doing it bacause I have to but then dont get excited about accomplishing it .........I think I have had such a negative outlook for sooooooooooooo long and really dont like myself that I find praise etc very very hard 2 accept ..so find it hard 2 praise myself xx

sorry for waffling on just feeling confused xxxxx

best wishes to u all xx
    Titchjd xxxxxxxx

I am always looking outside myself for strength and confidence ,but it comes from within .It's there all the time x

Re: People saying im better ....so why dont i feel it ..help please xx

cos u have low esteem hunny and taking praise is hard

uve become used to looking at the negatives in life and concentrating on them

it will take a while for u to redress that problem

u are doing really well and u will continue to do so hunny

hugs

milly xxx

well you have improved and your on your way to becoming better. i'm sure your friends see this n just asume your cured. they are only trying to be supportive, foucous on how much you have done n how far you have come rather than on the negitives.

my wife said the other day, 'i'm so glad you're back!'. i told her i'm not, no matter what it looks like. but then i made a list of things that ARE better now and not just me pretending, and there really were more than i realized.

it's hard to not feel normal, but hold onto the hope that with continued progress you'll start to FEEL better, and not just appear to. but hey, appearing to be better is in itself an accomplishment

Grab hold of the positive and dwell on it until you believe it.

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    Ghandi

Hey Titch

I reckon you are too hard on yourself chick. You said you haven't been out as much as you should, who says mate eh !!!!! Whose rules ru following. You go your own way at your own pace. I have probs believing good thing people say to me. It's cos I have little self worth, maybe you are the same? The minute I did something to show I had made progress everyone thought 'oh she is ok now'. They still do !! lol. That makes us feel pressured to live up to that and keep seeming well all the time. Well NO, mate, do it your way, in your own time hunny. I still can't pat myself on the back very often, despite what people say about my recent 'achievements', but one day eh .

Hang in there spud, you r gonna be fine, just takes time im afraid xx
    Love Jules xx

Hi Titch,

I totally get where you are coming from on this one.
    Once we start to get out there and do things like we used to many people seem to think that's it and we are "cured" when it's just not that clear cut.
    Recovery is a long road with many twists, turns and even bumps along the way and from what you say you have been doing you are on the road and i wish you continued success.
    What you have done so far is fab so well done you !
    Keep up the good work and praise yourself as you deserve it.

Love
    Pink
    xxx

Hi Thanx everyone for your replies.
    I def have low self esteem and self worth ..Hope2 you put you are getting help with yours ..how are you doing it ..or have you any tips or advice on how i start 2 like myself more .

i agree with you all that as soon as you start to get out and do more people think you are 100%better .....x

It is going 2 be difficult 2 praise myself but I will start writing down everything I have achieved and hopefully 1day it will sink in that I am doing well xx

Thanx and big hugs

Titch xxxxxxxxxxxx

I am always looking outside myself for strength and confidence ,but it comes from within .It's there all the time x

Thread Information