Thread: Worried about my blood test results

Worried about my blood test results

I recieved a letter this morning from the hospital and one forward to my GP to have my blood test redone, if it was urgent I would have been phoned up.
    I talked about it on the chatroom (trying not to worry to much but you know from my posts in the last 3 years I am worried about everything to do with my health, trying not Google)

I dont understand the results with a unexpectly white cell 19.8 neutro count 16.95 I know I have had a cold and cough a couple of days before I had these bloods test done which will have possibly affect my bloods

I do suffer from NF so been tested for about 10 different things, however my blood pressure is fine.

At the same time was required to do a 24 urine sample

I keep thinking leukemia or another type of cancer is the cause of my blood results

I will try to have a good holiday but I am scared about my bloods test results I recieved.

---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:28 ----------

My mum has to have bloods done in the past and cold was picked up with hers, my Grandad (not blood) is forever having his bloods taken he likes a drink

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:30 ----------

I noticed a typo and the s from he got crossed out.

the doctor who I saw felt my thyriod (this was before i had my blood test) he said it felt normal, no idea how he could tell if something was wrong.

I am jumping also to tyriod cancer as well

I am hoping my cold goals.

Also got to worry because I have NF I am due to have another brain scan

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:41 ----------

I feel fine but with someone with HA and learning difficults, I am scared that I am dying
    Last edited by unsure_about_this; 27-01-17 at 21:53.

Re: Worried about my blood test results

Do you mean 19.800 ?
    What's your doctor said it could be ?
    Stress can play a major roll in wbc so can some meds , especially
    prednisone.

Thank you for your reply

He not said anything to me yet, as I have not spoke to him (as it did not say get in touch with my GP) as I got a letter from the hospital telling me I need to get it redone as soon as posisble.

I know I have stress and HA, but automatic jump if I get a letter saying something wrong with my bloods it is cancer etc

---------- Post added at 22:55 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

I think if there was a problem the GP pratice would have phoned me the Tuesday just gone.

I am jumping to the worst things first
    Last edited by unsure_about_this; 27-01-17 at 22:48.

Yes. I agree gp would call you if this was really serious.
    Repeat bloods doesn't mean cancer.
    They always do this to monitor wbc if it's high, to make sure
    There's not an infection getting out of control.
    If they picked up markers for any cancer in bloods they would be calling to arrange ct/mri.
    Are you on any meds?

Hi thanks for the reply

no meds, just take paractomol and the like if I have a cough and cold

I'm waiting on loads of blood tests worried something will be found bloody hope not everyone keeps telling me it will be fine and that I'm ok I hope they come back just fine. The weight loss is concerning me thou.

Not sure if you're still anxious about this, but I had a similar experience. My WBC were elevated every blood test for over a year. Always above 14,000. High Neutrophils. Doctor wanted a repeat blood test. I decided to ask for a referral to a Hematologist/Oncologist instead. (Bad idea). I thought I had CML or something.

Doctor saw me. Said he didn't think it was cancer, but would do a full workup to be safe. I had every blood test under the sun. Crazy ones too. JAK2 mutation. FISH for BCR-ABL1. And did numerous complete blood counts and said we would go over the results in 3 months.

3 months later we found nothing. Even funnier, on the first repeat complete blood count I had a normal WBC and Neutrophil count.

My official diagnosis was sinus infection.

Thread Information