Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adult tonsillectomy, anyone have experience? I'm so scared!

Re: Adult tonsillectomy, anyone have experience? I'm so scared!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Miznuvem0412 View Post
    I'm seeing an ENT next month mines have been swollen after a virus I got back in nov 2016. They are still swollen and they're talking bout removing them. I'm scared also but hopefully they diminish more by the time I see the ENT
    I had both my tonsils taken out at the age of 18. Not trying to scare but It was the best and worse thing that happened to me. I say worse because I'm a very big guy and I couldn't feel my pain pills working so I was in a lot of pain and didn't drink enough water. Because I didn't drink enough water I had to go to the Emergency Room for dehydration, that's why it was a bad experience but that would of never happened if I just drank water haha. Why its the best thing that's happened is I get sick A LOT less. I haven't had strep throat in years and every time I get a cold I never get a sore throats like I used too. You also don't get little food chunks stuck in the tonsils and have to worry about tonsil stones that make your breathe smell bad constantly. I wish I would of got my tonsils out when I was even younger so I didn't have to deal with throats problems growing up.

Don't sweat the procedure. Seriously, I was TERRIFIED it was going to be horrible because that is all I read about online. For me, it was nothing. Really! The biggest advice is to DRINK DRINK DRINK as much water as you can tolerate. That was the biggest advice given to me and they were so right. It kept my mouth moist, the scabs moist and the pain never got worse than a 3-4 for me. I set an alarm during the night to wake up every hour or two to drink water. I was determined I was not going to have any bleeding or pain. I took 2 regular Tylenols through and never touched a pain pill that was prescribed to me. You'll do fine!

btw I'm 32 years old.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information