Thread: Bucket list!

Bucket list!

Right now me and my OH are really enjoying the little list idea I've come up with so I thought I'd share it, it works as a goal system.

Write down things you "can't" do thanks to your anxiety and everyday do one or make steps towards it until you're no longer anxious about it.
    Understandably we'll always have a bit of fear of towards it but what I've learned through CBT is that if our fear of something is 80-100% and we do it enough we can get it down to about 20 or 10!

It can be anything you're fearful of and make strides towards beating it, if you're afraid of hospitals for instance then try standing outside one for a little while and slowly do it more and longer x it kind of works as an exposure therapy but remember not to push yourself too hard, its trail and error so take it nice and slow!

I've also added a points system now, one thing you do is a worth a credit and they can be exchanged for positive rewards like coffee or something.
    You can even add simple things like getting out of bed and showering because they require hard work too.
    I hope some of you finds this helpful
    wishing you well x

Re: Bucket list!

Great idea, nice to read about positive steps people are taking.

Let us know how you get on.

This is a great idea which I'm doing at the moment as part of my agoraphobia exposure therapy.
    I'm terrified of hospitals and unfortunately to walk to my in laws would require me to walk past the hospital so I've been struggling with that! I started off with walking towards the hospital and seeing it from a distance and then after doing that twice I went and stood across the road from it and looked at it for a few minutes and I was surprisingly calm

I plan to stand directly outside of the hospital on my next trip.

To everyone else with similar fears I can say that this is definately a great tip and it works very well x

Good idea!

Thread Information