Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Donations to No More Panic - a breakdown

Re: Donations to No More Panic - a breakdown

^^^^^

My thinking ...

How many members on here ? ...a quid a year from members would help and cover most things ? ....just a guess .

Any excess donations if it ever came to that could go in the kitty .

Quote Originally Posted by mel2 View Post
    ^^^^^

My thinking ...

How many members on here ? ...a quid a year from members would help and cover most things ? ....just a guess .

Any excess donations if it ever came to that could go in the kitty .
    Impossible to answer but actually regular acting members is another thing.

Just look at the bottom of the Forum Page to see how many members are on line at any given time but also look at the number of guests which is far far greater.A I write this early in the morning there are 22 members on line and 1815 guests on line.

Therein lies the problem. My understanding but she will correct me if I am wrong is that Nic wants to leave things exactly as they are and will gracefully receive donations if people feel inclined to give.

So it's pretty clear that we aren't going to do a membership fee, which I definitely support and understand. I probably wouldn't have joined in the beginning if there was one, honestly.

Maybe something to consider would be having like a quarterly fundraising period or 2x per year where we raise awareness among members to help remind people to donate if they can.

Talking about fundraising, and not sure if it's been mentioned in any of the threads, what about a crowdfunding site, kickstarter or the like. There's one that i know raises money for nearly anything, but can't for the life of me think of the name. If someone can make £40,000 just to make potato salad, i don't think it'd be ridiculous to think money could be raised for this site.

Are you thinking of GoFundMe?

Quote Originally Posted by mel2 View Post
    Hi Nicola

Not been on for a few years as all was ok for me .

Back on and i must say this forum was a life saver for me (safe google) and full of advice from you and the members .

I really mean the above it helped in my recovery

Your a Hero as are all the helpfull members who continue to help out .

Donated a tiny "tenner" wish i could send more via pay pal but off work again .

A quid now and again from the massive user base would support this site i hope some peeps give as well a take .

Thanks Nicola

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

Thinking out loud .....how many members are on the forum ?

Nicola

Would you have any objections of getting funding via posting this forum / awareness of elsewhere ?

1 in 4 people suffer from anxiety / depression ....surely a lot would donate .

The forum is at the top of most search results .

Just thinking of what i could do to help , please pm if needed i have a messed head but very good at making money ( not vast amounts ..lol ) but an awareness campaign could help support forum .

Mel
    Thanks for the donation Mel

I am open to any suggestions for fundraising

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post
    I know I personally forget to donate. Just seeing this thread was a reminder to do it again. I can't donate a ton, but once in a while can give a little for something that has been so helpful to me over the years. Every little bit helps.
    Thank You so much

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

If anyone has any info on the fundraising mentioned above please let me know

Thanks for all the donations peeps

swgrl09- I think that must be the one i was thinking of, for some reason i still feel there's another one out there.

Nicola- Here's a little bit of info about Gofundme

https://www.gofundme.com/tour/

ETA- It seems you need to give personal info, was going to try and set one up, if i could have done it anonymously. But it seems you have to create a profile which includes name, photo, social media sites and the like. I personally am not comfortable with this (plus i don't do social media) but if anyone else is then i say go for it. No harm no foul and all that. The site itself could set up a page, but i have a feeling that the ones that do best is one started by someone else to benefit another person/group.
    Last edited by Gatsby; 02-09-15 at 20:41.

I wanted to bump this thread as well as ask Nicola for details of sending a cheque to you Nicola. Can you PM the details to me?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information