Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hobbies

Re: Hobbies

Picking up my guitar and playing Nothing Else Matters by Metallica, or anything really. Stopped a panic attack in it's tracks last week, the first time I ever beat one. And just today, suddenly came on with very strong anxiety, picked up the guitar, within minutes it had calmed a lot.

I wish I knew how to play.

i do jigsaws and im going to try coloyring

Not so much a hobby I suppose but I often find a brisk walk helps me, more often than not with an audiobook.

It helps distract my mind whilst also proving to myself I'm not going to collapse etc!

just postcards and gaming

However my number 1 hobby is travelling I cannot google whilst on holiday, those roaming charges can be pretty steep outside the EU and on the cruise, my mum was charged £40 and the company block her account as we forgot to take off roaming

I just love a quick Google

Only if this is of any interest to you at all but gaming is helpful for me.

It focuses my mind so much that i dont have time to think about anything else.

I think if I tried knitting I would end up in an institute, one for the bewildered, I bought a saxophone and have been playing that for the last 12 months as my councilor noticed that I had no creative side to me, everything was work related, I even cook Italian food now.

Just go and buy a ukulele, they cost about £25 quid, take it home and just strum away, or go on youtube someone on there will tell you how to play it.

Fishing - the activity itself is stimulating, and to me, there's something de-stressing about being outdoors.

Like Colicab85 mentioned, I think it's important that your stress-relieving activity takes up just about all of your focus, so that you're not thinking about your anxiety.

Gardening for me!
    I like the idea BruceAlmighty suggests about treating weeds as anxiety symptoms.
    It can work the other way too. When you plant, you are creating new life and it also gives you a feeling of being a parent to this plant and when you nuture, it gives you a purpose too.
    Mowing the laen is good exercise and can rid a lot of pent up anget.
    You can also enjoy the end results by admiring your hard work.
    Try growing herbs and a few veggies, then you are getting healthy food too! x

---------- Post added at 09:44 ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 ----------

As Bkie Rider suggests, playing an instrument.
    You can be creative, keep yr hands and mind occupied and hopefully make sweet music.

I like writing! Am working on a novel at the moment and it's good to just zone in on that and forget absolutely everything else. I stick on the crackling log background film on Netflix, curl up on the sofa with my blanket and go to another world!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information