Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Valium Tolerance/Withdrawal

Re: Valium Tolerance/Withdrawal

Just an update. I had psych appointment today. He said it wouldn't be withdrawals from valium if I haven't cut down at all, but it would be tolerance. We have decided to split the dose of the Olanzapine to 1.25mg in the morning and 1.25mg in the evening. I have been feeling better today with the anxiety, so I am going to leave it to just taking it in the evening and try splitting it on the weekend. That way if I get really tired, it won't matter as much as if I did it at work. He also gave me a prescription for propropronol 10mg morning and night. I have read some other threads on here and some people take it as needed, so I am going to keep it until I need it, rather than taking it everyday. I am on so many different meds, I just don't want to add another one to the mix and will test the split dose of olanzapine first and see how that works before making any decisions about the propropronol.

Olanzapine has got a much longer period of affecting you than Diazepam. When I took Diazepam at my worst when starting Duloxetine, after 2.5-3 hours it wore off and back came my anxiety. So, 3 doses might not spread enough to cover you? The Olanzapine will but something to remember is that this split dose will likely mean never hitting 2.5mg unless both peak periods overlap. Does that make sense? It's not an issue, if it works that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by skymaid View Post
    i've slowly gone from 50mg to 300mg pregabalin and I can't say i've noticed much sedation. I kinda wish I had.

Only thing I noticed was a dry mouth and very slight tipsy feeling (like maybe a pint or two) but that passed after a day or two of each increase
    Hi Skymaid. Thank you for your reply. Your blog inspired me to start one of my own (mainly as a guage to see how I am doing). I read your blog daily and find it interesting. I like how you rate your day.

Tracy

Propanalol did help me with anxiety, unfortunately it sparked asthma in me so I had to stop.
    I took it when I was going out or anxiety was bad it certainly took the edge off.
    It is not addictive. Hope it works for you x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information