Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Depersonalization symptoms

Re: Depersonalization symptoms

I don't have it 24/7, no, or at least not any more I don't. Medication has helped ease the awful feelings.

Re: 2 1/2 years

That most definitely sounds like depersonalisation to me. Have you sought help at all?

Yah I've had anxiety for as long as I could remember, but it started after I had a panic attack and then I was okay for two days then I woke up one morning feeling so weird and I'm 19 I got it when I was 17!

Re: Depersonalization symptoms

That's what my doctor said she said since there a lot going on right now and your subconsciously thinking about something

Alright, so first thing I suggest you trying to keep calm and get your overall anxiety levels down. You should really try to find a good therapist that understands your issues. It is most likely that there is some sort of emotional thing that has caused you those feelings. Have you had any traumatic past events or a difficult childhood, or even family situation? All those things lead to development of DPDR later in life and it usually gets triggered in panic attacks, such as yours.

The thing is I had the best childhood always having fun no traumatic experiences but my parents did split up 3 or so years ago and i had toobe across the country for my moms job, my doctor said it was the change what do you think ? Thanks for taking your time and responding by the way !

---------- Post added at 01:46 ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 ----------

Move **

I think anything could trigger anxiety if there's an existing predisposition for it. For me, I think it was the death of two family members in a short space of time, so it definitely makes sense that your parents splitting up as well as the move would play a huge part in your anxiety. My panic attacks started when I was 13, so I know what it's like to have them at 17 and 19...and onwards lol.
    From personal experience, I'd say it's best to stop anxiety in its tracks. If you let it go untreated for a long time, then it becomes a part of your personality and the thinking patterns you have end up being your default thinking processes and reasoning. In other words, you never stop thinking about your anxiety; you never stop accommodating it, and it takes over your life. If you can do anything to prevent this, I'd highly encourage you to do so.

Thank you so much yah I'm seeing a psychiatrist every week now so hopefully it gets better but I agree with you 100% because that's all I think about and it's only been two years -.-

I'm glad you're finding therapy useful. It's no easy process, therapy, but it's really worth it in the end.

Scared

I've already posted on here three times but is this strange feeling of not being my self really anxiety my doctor says it is but I can't calm down and it really feels like I'm not me anymore mean while I still act the same way :(

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information