Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awkward question - Sorry

Awkward question - Sorry

Hi Everyone

I seem to keep asking question after question here at the moment and would like to thank everyone who so far has come to my rescue!

Now..ahem bit awkward this, but a few days after starting the 10mg CIT I started to suffer with some diarrhea. Not having to run to a bathroom most of the time, but just when I go (well you know what I mean). The pharmacist said I can use immodium which I have been on and off, but am now on day 10 and it is still happening.

I know it can take a few weeks to setlle, am upping to 20mg next week.

I currently take the tablet first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and am not sure if that is helping to cause to the problem. I have seen that people who have nausea do better with it after food so wonder if that might help me too?

Any advice as always very very gratefully recieved

Jo
    x

Re: Awkward question - Sorry

Dear Jo,
    Sorry to hear that you are having this problem. ALWAYS take Citalopram AFTER eating something!!! It can sometimes be a little tough on the digestive system and taking it after food helps a lot. It will stop tho!!!
    Suz

Hiya

Thanks for the advice! I suppose I had been thinking I would avoid the problems by letting the drug settle first before food (and also I admit in the beginning the urge to just get it in me for it to start working lol)

Will try some food first tomorrow then and quell the desire to take it so early in the morning

Thanks so much
    Jo

I would agree with Suz, I took it first thing also initially and got nausea which died away after I started taking it just after breakfast.

Hiya

Thanks again for some advice. When you talk to a pharmacist they all say things like "well it might do" and "the effects only last a few days", so you start to think something is wrong with you until you ask people who have experience with it lol

Only 10 days in so far - MUST remember that

xx

Before upping your dose you really should let things settle first. Citalopram is a great drug for anxiety and it seems to be every GP's choice these days. Stick with it and it will hopefully work wonders for you.

Thanks Absentia

I think the effects have mostly settled now to be honest, am calmer - slight disturbed sleep, but that seems normal. Since one of my reactions to this anxiety is a fear of food I never really have a great diet and was eating badly for over two weeks so that may have had an impact too.

Will try the pills with food and see if that helps

Dear Jo,
    10 days is very soon for Citalopram to have it's amazingly good effects ok? It will kick in on the anxiety aftera good few weeks so just be patient and it's full effect for Panic is at 12 weeks!!! So you just have more and more good things to look forward to!!!
    Suz

Hi Suz

Thanks again - I don't want to be a constant pain to people on here lol

It has helped me calm more already which is at least giving my overworked mind some chance to rest and more on a day to day basis I am able to accept letting time pass without freaking out that I will never be free from it again. So am very happy with how things have gone so far.

Better out than in though as my mum used to say and this is a great place to ask for those little odd reassuring nudges we all need from time to time I guess

Thank you

Jo

Ok sorry one more question for today!!!

Feeling a kind of burning sensation in my stomach - I did have this yesterday, but has only just come on today so thought I would ask if anyone thinks this is also related to the pills on an empty stomach?

Have checked the posts and many people talk about indigestion etc - so could be excess stomach acid???

Any advice as always so gratefully recieved

Jo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information