Thread: prozac switch

prozac switch

can anyone give any good experiences on this drug?

I've been on duloxetine for 4 weeks with no benefits, just increased apathy, numbness, lethargy.

I'm going to ask my gp next week to switch xx

Re: prozac switch

I will tell you this one seems to take longer to have an effect. At first I was also lethargic took them at night, it was weird at first that was my only side effect.. about week 3 all hell broke loose with side effects, I was sweating all the time, waking up at night in panic attack having weird dreams... not going to lie it was hell for about 2 weeks... then all the side effects slowly started going away... I kept on with it bc despite the effects my personality had really taken a turn for the better... I was honestly evening out more I used to be very quick tempered and unpredictable... well... finally I'm almost at 7 weeks (tomorrow) and I think all of my side effects( the hard ones) have finally gone... I will tell you at first this one caused me lethargy but then it's like all turns into energy and I had to swap and start taking it in the mornings.... I'll tell you my husband will say I'm completely 180 as a person and I still feel I get mad sad happy but it's just not so intense and more reasonable.... this so far is the only one I was able to take.. prior I was on Zoloft, Effexor and Paxil and only could take for a few days the side effects were so bad.... my dr did warn me this is how this one works it's slower getting in and it's slower weaning off so I have heard when you go to get off the withdrawal isn't as bad.... I know it's tough but until your further along on this one you won't know if it's beneficial... I'm sorry i know it's tough but I would wait it out..

that's really helpful, thank you so much xx I've heard this is a great one to go on but I've been afraid to try it xx I see my doc on Tuesday so will ask then, thank you xx

It's fantastic but takes forever. Read the whole thread entitled 'A timetable for recovery on fluoxetine.' It's really helpful.

Thank you I definitely will xx do you find this med really increases anxiety in the first few weeks? xx would be really helpful to know xx in a weird way I'm almost more reassured by more side effects in the beginning, at least its a sign its doing something! xx I didn't really have any major side effects with duloxetine, but then it just turned out to be a dud pill for me which sucks xx

It did for me starting on week 3.. first 2 weeks was kinda groggy and then week 3 and 4 was all hell and then they slowly seem to taper off... i had vivid dreams, night sweats, hot flashes, increased sweats , increased anxiety, im sure I got every side effect... IM still dealing with feeling off in the mornings though all the rest have gotten much better.. I'm on week 7 I just promised myself I would wait at least 12 weeks on this med and I think that will be the trick too. this is the only one I have ever been able to take.. tried Zoloft, paxil Effexor too strong side effects

wow strange that the anxiety only kicked in at weeks 3 and 4! Xx I think I've heard someone else saying something similar though Xx thank you again, seeing my gp tomorrow so fingers crossed. I definitely cannot stay on duloxetine any more as it is utterly useless! Xxx

Go read a timeable recovery it's a few post down... that seems to be pretty accurate for me as welll as others.. so the key with this one is patience.

Thread Information