Thread: Week 2 of Fluoxatine

Week 2 of Fluoxatine

Today marks the second week of taking 20 mg Prozac. To begin, I was suffering from depression and anxiety. I was getting everything around me done, however had not much feelings.

As of now, I think I feel a little better, the lows and negative thoughts have definitely improved however there is this constant state of anxiety that will this ever work? Will I ever feel normal? I have two children and I am taking care of them with full responsibility. My husband often tells me that if I didn't share how I felt, no one could tell I am suffering.

At this point, I feel that while I am getting all work done, when will I feel emotions of happiness again? Also it doesn't help that I am smack in the middle
    Of a move to a new state. I am grateful that I can manage my day but it's hard with the extreme anxiety I feel. I want to look forward to my new life new chapter, but all I wonder is if I'll ever be able to?

Anyone else deal with this or similar?

Re: Week 2 of Fluoxatine

Hi Pinkrozez. Yes it will come back and its started already as Prozac takes 8-12 weeks to really get started, so after 2 weeks things are looking great for you.

Re: Week 2 of Fluoxatine

It's different for everyone. If you're noticing an improvement after two weeks that's a great sign. As Bike Rider says, it does come back but it can take a little while. I recommend reading the Timetable for Recovery thread, it's really good and helped me a lot. Good luck!

Thread Information