Thread: antibiotic reaction?

antibiotic reaction?

After my tooth extraction at the hospital on Saturday they sent me home with some antibiotics as they said that there was an infection under the teeth that they had taken out. The antibiotics they gave me are called co-amoxiclav.

I hate taking any kind of tablets so I will admit that I only took two tablets on Sunday and two on Monday instead of the 3 they prescribed. After I took one last night I noticed that I felt quite trembly but I was so tired that I just went to sleep then this morning I got woken up at 5am and decided to take my tablet then and just went back to sleep. When I woke up I felt very trembly still and quite dizzy and just haven't wanted to move from the bed all day. I feel a bit bunged up too like I'm getting a cold.

I called the hospital pharmacy and they said that if it was the tablets then I would have experienced it after the very first one but they said to call my gp and ask them. I did so and am waiting for them to call back now.

Of course thanks to my HA I am convinced that Im having a terrible reaction to the tablets and am frightened to take any more

Either that or the infection from my teeth is now spreading through me and getting ready to finish me off

If dizziness is just a common reaction to the tablets then I will carry on taking them and just lay down when I need to I guess I just need them to tell me that its okay and just normal

I just hate this trembly dizzy feeling I haven't been able to eat right because of the stitches and stuff so maybe its more to do with that but I just don't know

Re: antibiotic reaction?

tHe pharmACY IS RIGHT 5 MIN AFTER TAKING A TABLET ,,YOU WOULD GET REACTIO SO ITS NOT THIS ,, WHT IT COULD BE IS YOUR BODY GETTING RID OF THE TOXIN YOU HAD IN YOUR GUM ,, PERHAPS WITH YOU THINKING IS THE TABLET YOU ARE HAVING BAD ANXIETY,,I GET IT WHEN I WORRY ,, YOU COULD DOUBLE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTER JUST TO PUT YOUR MIND AT EAS ,BEST THING IS SLEEP WHEN YOU HAVE INFECTION SO JUST RELAX GET ETTER SOON LOVE MAGGIE EX NURSE

Thanks Maggie I think Im just one of those people who always thinks its worst case scenario lol

co-amoxiclav is quite a strong antibiotic - the mix makes it so. For me it always gives me a stomach upset so I always have Yukults in between doses.

Maybe its a very mild post trauma reaction...I mean having a tooth out is a little daunting for anyone?

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Nurse from docs just called me back and said that all antibiotics can give some kind of reaction but she thinks that its from the not eating much. She said that my blood sugar is probably low and that I need to try and eat more and if I'm feeling particularly trembly to have a hot sweet cup of tea.

Im sending hubby to tesco when he gets back with a list of soft foods that I might actually be able to eat lol and will see if that makes me feel any better

Sounds like a good idea. Hope by now you have supped some hot, sweet tea then. I might join you

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

yes i agree nice cuppa sorry about missing letters in my spelling lap top poorly ,,hope your feeing better soon x

Thread Information