Thread: Help-probably not a new thread!

Help-probably not a new thread!

Hello,

First time and all that. (bit worried don't want to sound hopeless!)

I have had the following symptoms for about 18 months - Floaters, flashing lights (in vision), breathlessness and thanks to the asurity of many medical examinations but more importantly this website i am in good health (apart from raised cholesteral). But i have a new symptom..dah..dah... the right side of my face tingles just like when you have had an injection for dentistry work and you about a hour away from the complete feeling coming back. It is not numb to the touch (or bite) but It has now spread to my right arm and it feels as if i have been lying on it.

Now the bit i am unsure about, i feel that i have accepted that this is another part of being in a state of panic so surely i wouldn't be having this if i know there is nothing wrong with me and this is just my senses working overtime????

Other info. i have just been promoted at work and i am feeling a little(?) pressure to show them (my employers) they have made the right decision.

I know the answer i seek is in what i have written, but it just feels good to let it out..... anonymously (my wife must be fed up with all my symptoms)

Thanks for reading and if you have any responses i would be glad to hear them.

Love

Bongoboy

Re: Help-probably not a new thread!

I'm not sure that I like the flashing lights and the parasthesia you are experiencing in your face. Have you had a CAT scan or MRI? How long have you had the tingling sensation? Does it come and go or consistent? Do the flashing lights precede a seizure or migraine headaches?

-DR J

The tingling/numbness only came on two days ago, it comes and goes probably lasting for a couple of hours. I don't currently have it at this time.
    The flashing lights are sporadic and singular in occurence and probably happen 4/5 times a day.

I have not had an MRI or CAT scan as my doctor believes it is down to stress.

Hi there,

I am no gp, so I can't really say what it is, but what I can say is, these symptoms can be anxiety symptoms, there are lots of threads on here about this. The fact that you maybe under stress regarding your job, ths maybe triggering the symptom, even though you are taking no notice of the symptom, as long as the stress is there, they symptom may stay there, or as long and you feed any worry about this symptom, It may stay for awhile.

This was taken from the symptoms page on this site, ohh great info

Numbness or tingling in hands and feet

What you feel:

You feel pins and needles in your hands and feet, or other parts of your body. Sometimes you get a feeling like a particular area of your body is numb or frozen. Other times you may feel a burning sensation in your arms, legs or face.

What causes this:

Since the nervous system conveys touch sensations to the brain, when the nervous system is over stimulated, it can sometimes send impaired information which will often be felt as a numbness, tingling or pins and needles. For example, when an individual pinches a nerve they usually feel the results of this as numbness or tingling in a certain part of the body.

Because the entire skin area of the body is touch sensitive (nerves cells connected to the brain through the nervous system network), any part of the skin or body can feel numb, tingly or as pins and needles.

Typically this sensation comes and goes, and will affect a wide range of body areas off and on. It’s nothing to be concerned with and will subside once the nervous system gets sufficient rest.

There is also a thread on here about migranes and auras, ohh boy, very good, it shows you what happens in your visions when auras are present. It also talks about tingling on one side of face and arm.

I will go see if I can find it and put the link in.

Here it is http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26359

Hope his helps,

YOU TAKE CARE, you will be great at your job

ALL THE BEST, with the job

LOVE JILLXXX
    Last edited by jill; 14-03-08 at 22:49.

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

Hi

I am soo sorry, I did not see you had just joined the site silly me

there are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

Please take time to read through the site, (self help ) first steps, how to cope, is great, this is on the left hand side of the screen .

I do hope you get out of this site what I have and that is feeling better.

You take care hun

LOVE JILLXXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

Although this may be atributable to stress, a differential diagnosis (alternate etiology) may be present. It is never wise to immediately hone in on the specific. You must always work from the general to the specific. This is not to worry you in any way but to stress the possible presence of other causes. The web is full of information that may fit your symptomology but a precise diagnois requires testing by a competent clinician. Keep your options open...

DR J

HI Bongoboy,

Welcome to the Forum,

You will get loads of support and advice here.
    Best wishes,
    Chalky

Thanke everyone,

The sysmptoms are still here at the moment...damn!!

I am just going through the vicious circle of believing that this something serious therefore making it worse.

I just wish it would go away so i could do all the thing i wanted to do...so i am no different to anybody else.

Once again thanks.

Hi I get the numb face thing as well, It's wierd because it feels numb but if touched with a pin tip you feel that.It is all anxiety related so try not to dwell on it too much. Good luck with the job.
    Lesleyb

Thread Information