Thread: Zopiclone

Zopiclone

hi guys im having loads of anexity and im on dizapam can i still take my sleep pills zopiclone while i am on them???????????

Re: Zopiclone

Hmm I would be careful mixing these two.

I am no expert on drugs but personally I would say No to taking them both

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

im on 5mg diazepam and have already took my 2 aday will i be fine for one before bed then do u think

I would be careful exceeding the recommended dose - diazepam is very strong and very addictive.

What was the maximum the doc recommended a day?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

2 but i still feel rubbish. thats why i wanted to no if can take me zopiclone to chill me down

To be honest zoplicone is rubbish - I have had it.

Don't mix meds cos it will make you worse.

Relaxation and deep breathing will be far more benefical than drugs.

Go to bed and listen to a relaxation CD if you have one or some calming music.

Take a warm bath.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Mixing benzos with Zopiclone is a dangerous polypharmacy and I'm surprised any doctor would prescribe it.

I would be very careful - take care.

Ive got both and use them as a last resort, they really are as addictive as heroine and cocaine,

I would'nt take zopiclone when you've been on Diazepam during the day, and I definately know my own doctor would recommend against it as he did - just 2 weeks ago when I asked him the same question you're asking now.

talk to your doctor about exploring a more long term medication, Diazepam and Zopiclone are very short term treatments, and whilst they provide immediate relief, continual use does lead to dependence, and the requirement to take more to get the same effect, if this doctor is unhelpful, see another, I cannot stress enough how important it is to be careful with diazepam and zopiclone.

if you don't mind my asking has the doctor prescribed some sort of medication for dealing with this long term? e.g. Citalopram or some sort of antidepressant?

Thread Information