Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine Diary For Anyone Who'd Like To Join In

Mirtazapine Diary For Anyone Who'd Like To Join In

Hi All

I was diagnosed with GAD and depression a few months ago. Although I think I've been suffering mildly from the GAD for several years, it really hit me hard this time and I ended up having lots of panic attacks and being almost house bound for a couple of months.

I've been going to CBT and therapy since October, which has helped a bit and I was initially prescribed Fluoxetine/Prozac about 7 weeks ago. Unfortunately it only seemed to increase my anxiety as well as having quite a few side effects?

So I saw my GP and Psychiatrist today and both want me to stop fluoxetine as they don't think it's working for me. They didn't even fancy trying upping the dose, both said stop taking it as of now and switch to 15mg of Mirtazapine? So I just collected my prescription and I'll be taking one just before bed tonight, as supposedly they can knock you out a bit, which might not be a bad thing?

I had a diary for Fluoxetine on here which I found really useful for keeping track on how I was doing as well as getting support from you the lovely NMP experts. So if anyone would like to join me on this journey and record their progress here or post any information on their experiences etc it would be much appreciated. I'll try and update every day

Re: Mirtazapine Diary For Anyone Who'd Like To Join In

Good idea Panicer. Lots of people on here with experience of this. Look forward to hearing how you get on - as you probably know Mirt is often prescribed when Prozac etc. hasn't worked.

Best of luck,

Albert

Hi all

Albert thanks for stopping by and being my first poster
    Well I took my first doze of 15mg of Mirt last night at 22:00 and went to bed, felt sleepy withing 30 mins and was out for the count by 23:00. Slept through until 09:30 which is completely unheard of for me and only feel a bit woozy this morning. Anxiety doesn't feel any different today but a good nights sleep always makes me feel better the next day so fingers crossed

Day 2 15mg Mirtazapine

Hi

I started yesterday also.

Took 15mg Mirt around 5pm yesterday, struggled to stay awake until about 8.15pm and then slept for 10 hours!

A little jittery today, but no other side effects. At least nothing in comparison to the side effects experienced with sertraline and fluoxetine.

Hi Domo-Kun

Hopefully we can keep each other updated on how we get on. Yes I'd agree with the lack of other side effects so far and that's great that you slept so well, I always feel much better the day following a decent sleep. Are you taking them for anxiety, depression, both or something else? The doctor told me to take them just before bedtime so here's hoping they'll work again tonight.

Hi Panicer

I guess it's mainly for anxiety but for me they go hand-in-hand. I have aspergers also, so difficult to know which is a symptom of what.
    I was on sertraline for a couple of weeks but the side effects were too much so GP just switched me to this.

HI Domo-kun

Yes I've been surprised since I've started down this mental health journey of discovery how closely linked everything appears to be?

I hope it works for us both? As today has gone on my anxiety seems better already, placebo effect plus a decent nights sleep maybe?

Glad to hear some positive impact. One of the nice aspects of Mirt is that it is well documented that it can help more quickly than SSRIs. For me when I first took it it made me feel better after the first dose, which was remarkable, and most welcomed.

And yes, managing Anx or Dep when your sleep is messed up is 100 x harder - I have been there. if AM drowsiness is a problem, try a cup of coffee or two (but not after lunchtime) to get you going. But good sleep can help your mind and body rebuild after a tough period.

Best wishes,

Albert

Day 3 on 15mg and definitely feeling the benefit of the longer sleeps. Took a little longer to knock me out last night. Tablet at 5pm and then slept from 9.30pm to 8am.
    Felt a bit jittery and short tempered at times today, but also some brief periods of a relaxed/happy state. I've not had anything like the detatchment/depersonalisation that I had with early doses of fluoxetine or sertraline so I don't think going back to work will be as horrifying as with those.

On the whole - not feeling great, but it's very early days.

How are you getting on Panicer?

Hi Albert, Domu-kun and anyone else popping bye.

I took my second pill at 22:30 last night and was asleep by 23:30 and up at 08:00. Going to try taking it a bit earlier tonight and see if I can get some serious sleep like Domu-kun

Today I felt a bit short tempered at times as well, but the anxiety was pretty good and snap no depersonalisation etc so far? I apologised to my wife if I was being snappy and an idiot, she said she hadn't noticed the difference

Have a great Saturday night everyone.

Day 3 15mg Mirtazapine

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information