Thread: Breast clinic

Breast clinic

I am in a right state I've been physically sick, went to docs this morning as my left breast felt slightly firmer, I have been before about this last year , although cant remember if was as bad. I expected her to say its normal breast tissue , well she didn't and I nearly passed out she said she was going to send me to the breast clinic as it did feel fuller than my other one. She said she couldn't feel a lump and was putting on the referral it was because I'd presented twice with the same problem. I'm so stressed and can't function at all, I know they're going to tell me I've got breast cancer and I won't cope :-(

Re: Breast clinic

I know it's easier said than done but try not to overly panic at this stage. As the doctor said, she couldn't feel a lump but would refer you as a matter of course because you had a similar problem in the past. When I was in my early 20s I found what felt like a large lump in my breast and was totally freaked out, especially when I was referred too. It turned out to be an area of particularly dense tissue and nothing sinister at all. To look at things more positively, you have taken positive action to address something that was causing you worry. The next steps in the process might well cause you increased anxiety in the interim but the outcome could very well set your mind at rest and you'll be thankful that you took action. You've done the right thing in being proactive.

Hi rebeccad

I'm a newb to this forum but not to HA and I've been through this exact situation.

My doctor only actually referred me because he got sick of me going in about it, then when he did, I freaked out!

In my case, the nodes/glands in one breast just become more active, making that breast heavier and fuller than the other. That is still the case now, 4 years later but I definitely do not have breast cancer. Sometimes our bodies just change for no reason. Sometimes there may be a cyst or bit of infection that we can't see under the skin that causes swelling.

I'm certain this is nothing just like it was for me. Your doctor has to refer you if you complain of breast changes, especially more than once even if she thinks there is no way at all that you have cancer so don't be alarmed by her referring you, it's what she has to do.

Please try not to worry. I know it's easier said than done. When I went for my first mammogram aged 50 I had a recall letter. I was in such a state and couldn't wait for the appointment which was only three days away. i went to see my doctor and he had a feel and said one did feel fuller than the other. i went through two more days of hell and went for the ultrasound which turned out to be fine - what they had seen on the original mammogram was simply'young tissue'. So even with a dodgy mammogram and the doc saying he could feel something it still turned out to be nothing to worry about. They just have to get everything checked like katesa says. Have you got the appointment yet?

I think yuor doctor is just being very thorough as good doctors should be.
    Probably you just have one breast that is firmer.

So just an update had my appointment today I was so nervous , they lost my referral so had to wait 5 week, well thank goodness everything was fine and he said was just normal breast tissue, so I'm treating myself to a glass of wine and chip shop tea :-)

So happy for you!!!

It's amazing what a bit of reassurance can do for you but now I'm sitting here waiting for my next worry soo frustrating. X

So glad everything is ok.

XXXXX

Thread Information