Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swollen lymph glands

Swollen lymph glands

Hello everyone,
    I posted this on the symtoms page as well, so apologies for doubling up - not sure which forum gets read the msot...

I'm hoping I will gain some reassurance here! I have swollen lymph glands in neck and groin. They are painful, too. I have had one or two minor infections, but not enough to cause the glands to raise up, I'd have thought. they are not massive (they are bean sized) and not agony - more uncomfortable. The docs have run blood tests and told me they are nothing to worry about. Anyone had any similar experiences?

I hate health anxiety - it's pants!! Much sympathy to everyone out there - it's nice to know I'm not alone!

I don't get this but I have read many posts from people who get raised glands. If your bloods have come back okay, then take some reassurance from this. Anything nasty would have shown up. Have a little search on here, if it helps, and you will find lots of posts about this, and you'll know you're not alone. I know it's worrying, but if you've had the blood tests then I think you can relax (if you can!).

Hope you're feeling better soon

Hi Seeker
    I've had the same problem for quite a while now with nodes showing in the same places. My GP also said not to worry about it, but I still did. I had my bloods done at A+E whilst I waited and they all came back clear. Like ckirby says, if your bloods are ok then you should try and relax. They check for quite a few things and if anything nasty was going on they would know and tell you for sure.

Hope this re-assusres you a little and helps lift some of your anxiety.

Take care
    Dex

Thank you both - it does make me feel better! I have searched on here, but most people seem to say theirs have gone down after a few weeks. However, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one this happens to! thanks again.

hi there- i have this problem...at the min i cant shake off cold-i have had it on and off weeks, i can feel lumps in my neck-both sides, one side i have a permenant lump-bean shape, it never goes, my doc run tests and told me not to worry...this time last year i tortured myself that i had leukamia or hodgkins disease....at the min im forever feeling my neck and to make it worse i cant get rid of my sore throat........i had a last FBC done at end of september so when i went to see doc yesterday he wouldnt do nomore tests, and told me to see how i went!
    im worried underneath.. as really i wanted him to do the full range of tests like last time-but i know i should just accept that this lump in my neck is really no diff to last time-and it will probably always be swollen...
    if you have had the tests i wouldnt worry, like me they may never go back to normal size-i think we have to forget about them
    take carexx

Thank you all so much - my friends all think I'm mental, and say 'well, doctors have siad you are fine!' and can't understand why I still fret. Can I ask are your glands sore, and do you have any evident infection? I think I would actually feel better if I had a cold orsomething, as at least that would be an infection to fight! I think the fact that I don't seem to have any obvious infection makes me worry more. Ridiculous, isn't it?! I'm a teacher, so am exposed to lots of bugs all the time - I know rationally this is probably why my glands are swollen. I think I am also correct in saying that people with cancer etc are exceedingly tired to the point where normal life becomes difficult, which, I have to say, is not me. Gosh, these forums do lead one to ramble somewhat, don't they? thanks again and I hope you can all take some comfort from knowing we are not alone!

Dex,
    I have just realised that it was one of your posts about tinnitus that had the bit about garlic in your ear - that made me laugh! I get tinnitus as well and it's a bugger. Just thought I would share that,as I see you are in the forum now, and it's nice to know we can still make people laugh, even though we feel like crap (or imagine we do!).

Yeah that was me I tell you this tinnitus drives me absolutely nutz. I've tried everything to "cure" it without any success yet. The garlic and olive oil didn't work until I realised you're sposed to crush the garlic first before putting it in your ear ! Then it did sort of work but came to the conclusion that it was just having an ear full of oil that was deadening the tone. I gave that up.

Before all this anxiety hell started I was so full of life and made a joke of everything. Now I'm half the person I was and all I want is to be myself again, just like every single member on here I guess. We do need to keep a sense of humour cos it helps to get through it.

I've been making a herbal tea cocktali tonight with Bachs Remedy and a few other things. It tastes like crap but got the sink cleaner than Cillit Bang ever did

Try to stop worrying about your nodes, blood tests are a sure way of finding markers for other things and if yours are clear then rest assure there won't be anything nasty going on.

Take care
    Dex

Hope this will help. Ive also been suffering HA for months and recently (few weeks ago) have found swollen nodes on my neck..which as left me worrying of lymphoma etc etc, and its pants!!!!!! My dr a few weeks wasnt worried as I had a cold, I saw another dr this week who sent me for a load of blood tests ( all ok) so why do I still worry?????? I have no present infections or cold etc, and have in the last week or two been feeling my daughters sons husbands and mothers neck comparing....yes they all think Im mad lol! but this HA is awful to beat, it I told people half the things I worry about Im sure they would lock me uplol. its great that theres this site to come when you need that reassurance. Regards to all and have a great christmas ( hopefully worry free)

it's so silly, isn't it?! I am keeping a diary of my pains/ailments and fears etc, on recommendation of my councillor type person. then, in a year or two, when I start fretting about the next ridiculous ailment, I can get my diary out and say to myself 'well, you wasted all that time worrrying and it was nothing. why waste it again this time?'. I think it will help. I am alos keeping a record of my weight and measurements - I am convinced I am wasting away before my very eyes, but my records tell me otherwise!! It is helpful, actually. My friends would actually have me committed if I felt their necks - I try not todo this sort of thing, as it is only making it worse for me (and you, possibly). If your glands have only been up a few weeks and you had a cold, I really wouldn't worry - they can take 6 - 8 weeks to go down, and some glands never return to their original size. I'm only fretting becasue mine are getting bigger and I haven't had a cold or anything - almost wish I had now!! Also, if you have small children, think of the number of germs they bring home with them. i'm a teacher, which is probably why my glands are bigger - just have to keep telling myself that!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information